Last updated: Dec 13, 2022
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on what areas of the Services you use, we obtain different types of personal information from or about you. Our Services are available to prospective employers (each an “Employer”) and to talent who may be seeking employment, who may be of interest to Employers or who register for or participate in our events and other Services (each a “Candidate”). We primarily obtain personal information about Candidates. In addition, we obtain certain personal information about Employers’ representatives who use the Services to find or hire Candidates. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to access some areas of the Site or effectively use the Services without providing your personal information.
1.1 Basic Account Information. When you register for the Site or interact with our Services as a Candidate or Employer, we will ask you to provide your name and email address or to sign up using an existing social media account. If you sign up through a social media account, we will receive information from that account, such as your name, photo, job information and email address associated with that account.
1.2 Candidates Profile Information. If you are registering as a Candidate, we may ask for information such as your phone number, Skype ID, photo, work history, educational background, location, biographical information and skills. Candidates may also volunteer other information.
1.3 Employers. If you are registering as an Employer, we ask for an Employer’s representative phone number and job title in addition to the company name and size.
1.4 Contact Us. If you choose to contact us through our Site, including through our chat box, we may obtain your name, company name, phone number, email address and any other information you choose to submit to us.
1.7 Other Information. In addition, we may receive information about you, such as gender, public business profile photos, business contact information, and other employment-relevant details, from public business bio pages or business data providers, which we may combine with other information we have about you.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we obtain for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- provide the Services, including creating and managing your PowerToFly Site account and connecting you with a potential Employer
- send you transactional communications (such as account confirmations and notifications) or promotional and marketing communications
- respond to your inquiries or requests
- communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions
- handle billing
- enable you to post on our blog and interact with PowerToFly through social media
- improve our Services, and generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Services
- support our business operations and perform accounting, auditing and other internal functions
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may aggregate the personal information we collect through the Site and in connection with our Services (the “Aggregated Data”) and use it for any and all purposes. We also may augment such Aggregated Data with data we obtain from other sources and use it for any purposes.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information about you:
In addition, we may share Aggregated Data with third parties for any and all purposes.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING BUSINESS DATA
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal grounds they rely on to use or disclose your personal information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal information is to meet our contractual obligations to Candidates or other individuals, or to take steps at their request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal information on the basis of consent.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Facilitating useful connections between Employers and Candidates
- Providing customer service
- Engaging in marketing
- Protecting our customers, personnel and property
- Analyzing and improving our business
- Managing legal issues
- We may also process personal information for the legitimate recruiting interests of Employers.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA
The Site includes social media functions, such as Facebook and LinkedIn Sign In features, and widgets. These functions and widgets may collect information about you, including the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. Your interactions with the social media platforms, including any functions and widgets they provide, are governed by the privacy policies of the relevant social media companies. We suggest that you review their privacy policies. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media site or other third-party service that you choose to use in connection with this Site or our services.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES, APPS OR SERVICES
This Site may contain links to other websites, apps or other online services for your convenience and information. These websites, apps and services may be operated by companies not affiliated with PowerToFly. Linked websites, apps or services may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content and data handling practices of any third party websites, apps or services.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You can change your Candidate profile information at any time by editing your profile or the content that you have posted. You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain. Controls related to cookies and other automated data collection are described in the Use of Personal Information section above.
Residents of the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. In limited cases, they have the right to receive information we hold about them in portable form and to have it transmitted to a third party. They also have rights to object to our handling of their personal information, to restrict its processing, and to withdraw any consent they have provided.
For example, individuals have a right to opt out of our processing of personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Many of the rights described above are subject to significant limitations and exceptions under the applicable law. For example, objections to the processing of personal information, and withdrawals of consent, typically will not have retroactive effect. Individuals also have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, but we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our best to resolve any concern.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information collected through this Site. But, no method of data transmission over the Internet or data storage is 100% secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. NON-U.S. VISITORS AND USERS
11. AGE RESTRICTIONS
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16, and no part of the Services are designed to attract anyone under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as indicated below.
13. CONTACT US
This California Addendum uses certain terms that have the meanings given to them in the CCPA, including
- “Personal Information,” which means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
- “Sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,” which means the selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, your Personal Information by us to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
PowerToFly does not sell your personal information. We may share that information with certain of our business partners to provide you with our services, but you may opt out of the sharing of this information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights
You have the right to request that PowerToFly disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we disclosed your PI for a business purpose, identifying the PI categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request the return (data portability) or deletion of your personal information that PowerToFly holds about you, and we will comply with your request as required by law, but this right does not apply where PowerToFly needs to retain the personal information in order to provide goods or services to you, detect or resolve security issues or functionality-related issues, comply with the law, or carry out internal business requirements. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your PI from our records, unless an exception applies.
To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described in the Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights and Deletion Request Rights sections, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Completing this form.
- Calling us at 1-201-374-0490
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your PI. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected PI or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity and/or authority to make the request.