We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
PagerDuty is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Product Officer. This person will report directly to the Chief Product Officer, and be a partner and trusted advisor to the Chief Product Officer. This person will manage correspondence (email, phone, mail) which is often of a confidential nature, prepare research, and act as the "gatekeeper;" as well as handle more complicated special projects such as event management for monthly executive meetings, quarterly board meetings, annual leadership kick-off, coordination of internal and external meetings and complex travel logistics. In keeping with these duties, this person will be required to develop an acute understanding of the Chief Product Officer's work style, and requirements, and to utilize this understanding to decide which scheduled events, meetings, and requests are most appropriate for allocation of the Chief Product Officer's time. This person must proactively handle administrative tasks with minimal disruption to the Executive, actively listen to and resolve problems, and anticipate and meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. In summary, this person is expected to conform to the highest standards of performance, dependability, and professionalism.
Calendar / Meeting Management
- Manage the schedule so that the Chief Product Officer time is allocated accordingly to the highest priorities and partner with necessary members to assess priorities
- Gather briefings, presentations, materials, and appropriate information to prepare the Chief Product Officer for his internal and external meetings; follow a protocol for briefings and follow-up on action items until complete.
- Serve as the primary point person managing the Chief Product Officer's complex and ever-changing schedule. Remain aware of current priorities and long-term goals to coordinate the calendar in the most effective and productive manner.
- Attend and manage weekly staff meetings, and capture action items
- Coordinate with the family office for calendar integration
- Manage Chief Product Officer participation on other boards
- Review, prioritize and triage the Chief Product Officer's emails. Flag the most important items and respond as appropriate. Track outstanding items and emails until complete.
- Receive and handle inquiries and requests in a timely manner; determine the urgency of the response and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Communicate daily with CoS on upcoming events to maximize efficiency.
- Act as an ambassador to the Office of the Chief Product Officer
- Interact with all functions and levels of leadership and employees
- Be prepared with an informed perspective and recommendation in order to serve as a partner to Chief Product Officer.
- Arrange all logistics for the Chief Product Officer's travel; both commercial and private charters.
- Optimize travel based on airports, meeting locations, hotels, etc.
- Manage executive team virtual and in-person meetings and offsites
- Manage Board of Directors and Committee Meetings; including virtual meetings, and in-person offsites and meetings
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Seasoned EA with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact
- Superior organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to create repeatable processes and scalable systems
- Develops strong relationships and works collaboratively at all levels inside and outside of the organization; strong interpersonal skills to quickly build rapport with internal and external partners
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and researching skills. Must have excellent judgment and be able to anticipate issues and identify resolutions in a timely manner
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and representation of the Chief Product Officer - must act to the highest professional standard, be presentable and calm in all circumstances
- 24/7 work ethic and mentality
- Principled and ethical; having the utmost integrity and a positive example for others to emulate.
- Tech-savvy; advanced knowledge in G Suite (Google Docs, Slides, Calendar), Slack, as well as Excel/Sheets, audio and video meeting technology.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7(+) years of Executive support; with direct Senior/Executive Leadership support experience in a fast-paced corporate tech environment with great references
- Experience leading other administrative professionals is a plus and experience cultivating a strong culture amongst an administrative community
- Experience managing complex travel logistics
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.PagerDuty Offers
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.