GROW WITH US:
Tandem Diabetes Care creates new possibilities for people living with diabetes, their loved ones, and their healthcare providers through a positively different experience. We’d love for you to team up with us to “innovate every day,” put “people first,” and take a “no-shortcuts” approach that has propelled us to become a leader in the diabetes technology industry.
Tandem Diabetes Care is proud to manufacture and sell the t:slim X2 insulin pump with Control-IQ technology. We’re also so much more than that. Our company’s human-centered approach to design, development, and support delivers innovative products and services for people who use insulin. Since many of our own team members live with type 1 diabetes, or have a loved one impacted by diabetes, the work is personal, and we are committed to the cause. Learn more at tandemdiabetes.com.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A highly skilled team leader responsible for the design and architecture of medical device software developed by embedded software teams at Tandem. The principal engineer is among the team’s most senior individual contributors and takes on some of the most challenging problems. This leadership role elevates the technical capabilities of everyone through mentorship, technical guidance, and by modeling Tandem values.
- Plays an active leadership role in the development, modification, and testing of software units per corporate software process documents.
- Establishes and enforces strong software engineering practices, concepts, and techniques across multiple software teams.
- Proactively identifies opportunities in software process, discusses with peers, and implements proposals to address gaps.
- Provides technical guidance to major programs and software engineering teams.
- Responsible for the training, mentoring, and development of junior team members.
- Guides the team through strategic design and architecture decisions.
- Creates, maintains, and reviews software design specifications, interface descriptions, and other software documentation.
- Creates, maintains, and reviews software requirements specifications.
- Influences software test strategy and supports validation and verification activities.
- Creates training procedures and course materials.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies, and processes.
- Prepares project status reports including milestone dates, product backlog tasks and other aspects of the Design Control process.
- Manages assigned projects to completion.
- Reviews final project documentation (including Design History Files) for content and accuracy.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on technical matters and often serves as consultant to management.
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Supports other departments as needed and considers project-wide impacts in decision making.
- Stays abreast of the company’s regulatory strategy.
- Embraces the Design Control process by leading design reviews and maintaining design history files.
- May act as designated Tandem Software Development representative with outside entities such as clinical research organizations.
- Analyzes returned products to determine root cause of failure.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the daily scrums for all involved projects.
YOU’RE AWESOME AT:
- Deep knowledge and experience with formal software.
- Maintains a general knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Skilled at fostering an environment that supports an effective exchange of information between diverse groups.
- Ability to scope, estimate time needed and track large scale development projects.
- Skilled at defining and translating high-level requirements into software design and implementation.
- Able to lead cooperative work efforts within and between teams.
- Adept at leading change initiatives and ensuring the redeployment of resources within and between groups to meet new objectives.
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP) preferred.
- 12 years’ experience in mobile software for medical devices or a related area.
- Experience with device driver development and software/system debugging.
- Experience with iOS and debugging tools.
- Experienced with software life cycle development for medical device software.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of
education and applicable job experience.
- Experience in the Swift programming language preferred.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. Just one of the many reasons of how we #StayAwesome! To learn more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers.
BE YOU, WITH US!
Tandem is firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We value and embrace that every single one of us brings value to the table. But sometimes we forget that when we don’t meet 100% of a job description’s criteria – maybe you’re feeling that way right now? We encourage you to apply anyway. Because we want you to be you, with us.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The starting base pay range for this position is $180,000- $200,0000 annually. Base pay will vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and may also fluctuate depending on candidate’s location and the overall job market. In addition to base pay, Tandem offers a competitive compensation package that includes bonus, equity, and a robust benefits package.
Tandem offers health care benefits such as medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts and flexible saving accounts. You’ll also receive 10 paid holidays per year, a minimum of 20 days of paid time off (starting in year 1) and have access to a 401k plan with company match. Learn more about Tandem’s benefits here!
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem’s CCPA Notice: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/california-consumer-privacy-act-notice-for-job-applicants.