We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble Staff Product Manager (6+ years experience)
UK / Spain / Moscow / US East Coast
OUR MISSION IS TO CREATE A WORLD WHERE ALL RELATIONSHIPS ARE HEALTHY AND EQUITABLE
Bumble Date is used by tens of millions of people and is the second highest grossing dating app globally. At its core Bumble app is about delivering an empowered dating experience where women feel safe and in control; from the creation of rich authentic profiles, to community discovery, meaningful connections and conversation with matches and ultimately a successful transition to dating.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager for our Date Experience team. The ideal candidate is a tenacious self-starter who has a track record of delivering innovative and disruptive products either as an entrepreneur, early-stage product leader, or in an innovation team within a scaled technology company. In this role, your remit will be to take ownership of an ambiguous problem space that we are deeply excited about as a business and is critical to the long-term vision for the Bumble Dating App. You will define and prioritize opportunities based on deep customer understanding, and build, test, learn and iterate at pace. Through this process you will form an ambitious strategy for delivering on a new value proposition and drive execution cross-functionally, working closely with Design and Engineering to bring it to life. You blend strong product intuition with creativity and analytical thinking to bring delightful, differentiated, high-growth features to market.
To be right for this role you must have at least 6 years of experience in a consumer tech product role, and be able to demonstrate your impact on the product’s trajectory. You need to be comfortable in environments with high ambiguity, risk of failure, and change. Prior startup/entrepreneurial experience or experience building 0 to 1 is a must have.
- Craft a strategy for how Bumble can create a differentiated and defensible offering that gets us closer to our long-term Product vision, and win buy-in for this at every level in the company.
- Understand user behaviors and long-term trends in the dating ecosystem to identify and act upon new opportunities to generate growth at pace.
- Conduct deep exploration in a green space and leverage rapid prototyping to quickly validate ideas.
- Lead the ideation and execution of these features, partnering with Business Intelligence, Engineering, Design, Content Design, Growth Marketing, PMM, etc.
- Prioritise your roadmap using an appropriate blend of effort, upside and risk.
- Be accountable for setting and delivering against ambitious product growth goals.
- Keep a pulse on the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Independently align leadership, partner teams and key stakeholders across the company with your roadmap.
- Empower your cross-functional team with the context and customer understanding they need to deliver maximum growth.
- 6+ years of product management experience on a consumer product, with strong mobile DNA.
- Experience interfacing with exec-level stakeholders in a large B2C business.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced ambiguous environment where you will set and be held accountable to highly ambitious goals.
- You are a confident, clear communicator (both verbal and written) who can create the right narrative to share your ideas at every level in an organisation.
- You are data fluent and comfortable planning experiments as well as analysing and interpreting data.
- Seeing a product grow is your biggest motivation.
- You love to learn and are constantly looking for opportunities to grow yourself and your impact.
- You have a whatever-it-takes attitude to making your team successful.
- You are deeply passionate about creating healthy relationships with respect, equality, empowerment and safety at their core.