The NBA Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) is organizationally positioned within the NBA Security Department's Global Intelligence vertical. It performs as a 24x7 incident response center, helping to coordinate crisis response on behalf of NBA assets worldwide. As an operator working within the GSOC, you will monitor, evaluate, and disseminate global crisis information. Your positive and professional collaboration will help disseminate detailed, timely, accurate intelligence information. Your valued contributions enable us to quickly respond and mitigate incidents involving NBA executives, staff, business operations, reputation, and facilities. Being a creative, results-oriented teammate accustomed to an operational tempo that requires the aptitude to adapt quickly will shape your success. You have excellent collaboration and communication skills and embody the league’s core values of integrity, teamwork, respect, and innovation. Your implementation of crisis communication protocols and policies is used to safeguard our personnel, brand, and worldwide operations. We encourage you to share contemporary ideas and experiences when helping support and build new innovative processes.
- 1+ year of professional experience in a command center or intelligence fusion center environment in one or a combination of the following: federal government such as Department of Homeland Security, emergency management, fire or police services, public safety, public health, public administration, urban planning, engineering, military service or another specialized area related to public or private command center operations.
- Monitor and identify incidents that are relevant to business operations and have the potential to impact the league.
- Provide accurate and concise communications on issues in time-sensitive situations and under stress.
- Analyze developing crises and provide accurate intelligence using escalation protocols to support crisis management teams.
- Support the corporate crisis management team during incidents impacting the league.
- Communicate operational risks and global threats to appropriate stakeholders to minimize the impact on business operations.
- Navigate incident and social media monitoring and mass notification platforms such as Alertmedia, Travel Locator Portal, Google mapping, NC4, LifeRaft, and other crisis alerting/open-source intelligence tools.
- Support the corporate High Threat Travel Security program.
- Conduct social media research and product analysis to support internal threat investigations.
- Natural curiosity about world events with working knowledge of the world and local events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results-oriented with the ability to operate under stress in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under ambiguous circumstances.
- Self-motivated and equally comfortable working independently or in partnership, often under compressed timelines.
- Knowledgeable of social media platforms for open-source research against threats.
- Highly responsive and proactive, able to own tasks from start to finish.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work a flexible shift schedule, weekends, holidays, and sometimes extended schedules during crisis periods.
- Must remain on duty until adequately relieved. Proficiency with standard office computer and web applications (Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in a relevant course of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience