$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Justice Community Health Worker assists members who are involved in the justice system to deliver services related to medical, behavioral health, and justice system involvement. In addition to supporting recovery, Justice Community Health Worker can help their clients to reduce recidivism and help with reentry into the community. The Justice Community Health Worker is responsible for assessment, planning and implementing care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care. They also Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services, and manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact for the member. The coordinator also addresses social determinant of health such as transportation, housing, and food access; link to community supports.
Hours: Monday through Friday, standard business work hours, 8:00 am to 5:00pm Arizona time zone. No nights, weekends, or Holidays. This is a hybrid role, when you are not in the field, you will be working from home.
Location: Phoenix and surrounding communities, Arizona
Local travel up to 25% and mileage is reimbursed at current government rate.
- Assess, plan, and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Utilize both company and community-based resources to establish a safe and effective case management plan for members
- Collaborate with patient, family, and healthcare providers
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs, including financial, psychosocial, community, and state supportive services
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient's needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the healthcare team
- Document all member assessments, care plan and referrals provided
- Participate in Interdisciplinary team meetings and Utilization Management rounds and provide information to assist with safe transitions of care
- Understand insurance products, benefits, coverage limitations, insurance, and governmental regulations as it applies to the health plan
- Accountable to understand role and how it affects utilization management benchmarks and quality outcomes
- You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations
- Engage members either face to face or telephonically
- Help member set person-centered goals and develop a care plan to achieve those goals with regular follow up calls and ongoing documentation of progress towards goals met
- Adhere to detailed, specific documentation requirements in the member’s health record
- Proactively engage the member to manage their own health and healthcare using Motivational Interviewing Skills
- As needed, help the member engage with mental health and substance use treatment
- Utilize strong skill sets of managing multiple tasks at a time, being self-motivated, driven toward quality results, managing time well, being very detailed oriented and organized, work well in a team and on your own, and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Connecting service recipients with network provider agencies
- Maintaining linkages with community partners and other county resources in relation to education, housing, health care, recreation, and socialization
- Develop expert knowledge of referral sources for potential training and employment opportunities including public agencies and private employers
- Restructuring resources as necessary to ensure continuing personal stability and individual satisfaction.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 4+ years of equivalent case management and/or community resource experience
- 1+ year of experience with community outreach/field work experience in a health care setting
- Intermediate proficiency (or higher) level of experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, & Outlook) including the ability to edit, create, save, and send spreadsheets and documents and ability to operate and integrate those systems
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) with the ability to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Reside in Phoenix are or the surrounding communities in Arizona
- Ability to travel 25% of the time within 100 miles of territory assigned and have reliable transportation, with a current and non-restricted state of Arizona Driver’s License and State-required insurance
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree in a health-related field or social work
- One plus year of experience demonstrated understanding of the Criminal Justice system
- Community Health Worker (CHW) State course completion
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Experience with electronic charting
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Knowledge and/or experience with behavioral health or substance use disorders
- Previous care management experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.