At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As an Accounting Analyst – Consolidation & Reporting for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
As a Consolidation & Reporting Analyst at Pitney Bowes, you’ll join the Corporate Accounting team in Shelton, CT and report to the Consolidations Manager. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong accounting skills, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, have initiative and be self-motivated, be able to manage multiple priorities and perform under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Execute the monthly and quarterly consolidation of P&L, Balance Sheet, and supplemental schedules for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare consolidating and other adjusting journal entries as needed, including intercompany profit elimination, stock-based compensation, impairments, divestitures, etc.
- Analyze financial submissions and identify unusual or unexpected financial statement variances as compared to prior periods and forecasts and obtain a thorough understanding of the drivers of the variance.
- Prepare consolidated cash flow statement; ensuring all necessary adjustments are captured and properly reported. Understand drivers of free cash flow variance from prior year and forecast.
- Assist with the review of quarterly earnings release statements, and other Investor Relations documents in advance of earnings announcements.
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements.
- Work on ad hoc internal management requests and special projects as necessary.
As the Consolidation & Reporting Analyst, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- A minimum 4 years of accounting experience, including consolidations experience
- Proficient in Excel
- CPA (similar designation), or with a mix of public accounting and public company experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and anomalies, and to be able to understand and document root causes of variances in financial results
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take on advanced and challenging assignments and responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and listening)
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, as well as be a contributing member of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.