Datadog is the essential monitoring platform for cloud applications. They bring together data from servers, containers, databases, and third-party services to make your stack entirely observable. Datadog makes a conscious effort to ensure their employees at every level reflect the many experiences and identities of the outside world, treating everyone with fairness and without bias so they can belong, excel, and succeed together. Datadog supports the health and well-beng of their employees and families with benefits like:
Our Technical Content Writing team is the public voice of Datadog. We are a group of tech-oriented writers and editors who create technically accurate and compelling content for a highly technical audience of software developers, ops engineers, and other end users. Datadog's main blog (a.k.a., "The Monitor") cover Datadog in depth and provides valuable information to the broader tech community around observability, best practices, and industry trends.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, write and pitch articles for the Datadog blog, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials
- Announcements for new Datadog features and integrations
- Collaborate with editors, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our articles
- Develop new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Continually measure reader engagement, and iterate to improve content focus, craft, and distribution
Who You Are:
- A polished technical writer, with samples of your work to share
- An experienced professional with 2-4 years experience as a technology writer; and/or a CS degree; or a relevant advanced degree; or equivalent work experience writing on technical topics e.g. cloud technologies, monitoring and observability
- Proficient in at least one widely used general-purpose programming language (Python, Go, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Experienced with modern application development and monitoring concepts, including microservices, CI/CD, distributed tracing, OpenTelemetry, and code profiling
- Comfortable researching new technologies, able to learn how to use them, and able to reduce their complex workings to clear prose. You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical staff when you need an expert opinion
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $89,000 - $136,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.