We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
The Staff Technical Program Managers (TPM) at PagerDuty drive large scale programs and projects to success! You will be responsible for managing efforts at the product development level, often spanning multiple groups and even potential for organization-wide. TPMs handle complex inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps in technical management. You will need to work with many teams in different domains and will work effectively with engineers, engineering managers, product managers, and customer service teams. If you are someone with a strong technical background, excellent problem solving ability and is passionate about managing large scale programs and projects then we want you to join our team!Responsibilities
- Lead a minimum of 1, and have the ability to lead 2, group level/initiative product development program planning, milestone and success criteria definition, resource allocation plan, and estimation leading to predictable delivery
- Analyze large data sets quickly to identify complex patterns and relationships resulting in practical solutions to real business problems
- Anticipate bottlenecks, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs
- Identify unstructured problems and drive technical and operational improvement, business strategies, and technical solutions across teams
- Provide technical contribution working with cross functional teams to surface dependencies, risks, mitigation plans, and estimation refinement.
- Drives implementation and adoption of new/modified processes in service to streamlining product delivery
- Partner with Engineering and Product leadership to define Team Health metrics, and track them consistently
- Leverage tools and processes to improve product development productivity in support of the program
- Leads planning efforts (quarterly and annual) for defined area of program leadership (minimum 1 group)
- Communicate successes, schedules, priorities, issues and overall program health to all levels in the company
- Create, track, and drive critical path, flagging and managing risks, dependencies and decisions that affect the program
- Drive program alignment on present and future outcomes that support company’s strategy
- Take on a lead role of other TPMs in a mentor capacity, no formal direct reports
- Creation and management of program spend, capitalization, and tax credit reporting
- Creation and distribution of impactful automated reporting
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to drive a minimum of 1 department method/goal a year
- Ability to organize a new program and assemble all structural components needed to kick off and mobilize teams
- Confidently and accurately manage cross-team dependency and risk identification and resolution
- Able to translate technical details into useful information for non-technical Dutonians
- Ability to communicate complex information/situations in a clear and concise manner to all levels and adapting messages to the audience
- Strong influencing and networking skills with the ability to drive and take action proactively, with a focus on outcomes and deliverables
- Able to manage up and down the org, keeping program goals at the forefront
- Analytical, solution oriented
- Confidence/ability to have the difficult conversations
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Ability to absorb a holistic understanding of the program from User to Prioritization to Delivery to Support
- Experience with managing large-scale programs with a wide impact radius (such as migrations/deprecations etc.)
- Ability to create a plan, identify and implement facilitation techniques that produces the greatest outcome in a swift manner
- Ability to set up reports/dashboards such that manual effort is reduced
- 8+ years of technical program management experience in matrixed software development organizations
- Jira power user
- Undergraduate degree required or applicable experience
- Have a deep understanding of agile principles and how to apply them effectively
- Experience with common software development methodologies and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Work experience in a fast growth startup environment
- Ability to provide technical recommendations in solving software engineering challenges involving bug triage, pull requests, source control, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience in DevOps and digital/cloud operations
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.PagerDuty Offers
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty verifies work authorization in accordance with the requirements of your local jurisdiction.
Learn more about our culture by checking us out on Instagram @PagerDutyLife!