The Middle Market Banking group serves middle market companies and institutions with annual revenues up to $2 billion. The Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for managing a portfolio of middle market relationships who need financial services and products to meet their needs. In addition to being the primary bank advocate and key financial advisor for the relationship, the RM is accountable for prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships. The RM will have the ability to engage in dialogue with CEO and CFO levels regarding the clients industry and alternative capital structures. The RM will then assess the risks and impacts from both the clients and the banks perspective for development and implementation of an overall client strategy. The RM is also responsible for leading, directing and coordinating key team members in analysis and execution in the effective delivery of their products and services to clients and prospects. The RM must be well versed in all Bank of America products and services for proper identification of cross-selling opportunities. Proven track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships. Proven sales skills and experience, including planning, execution and follow up of client meetings. Must be able to assess and analyze financial conditions of a middle market relationship and industry trends. Ability to understand and interpret financial statements, especially cash flow statements. This role requires 10-20 years of experience in Commercial Lending.
GCB provides a wide range of solutions to Technology and Emerging Growth companies including Global Treasury Services, Credit, Risk Management (FX & Derivatives), Capital Raising & Advisory Services, Wealth Management and Financial Life Benefits.
The RM coordinates holistic coverage across GCB core solutions including treasury services and credit while delivering the full breadth of Bank of America in concert with business partners in Investment Banking and Wealth Management. In addition to being the primary Bank advocate and key advisor to the client, the RM is accountable for deepening existing relationships at the CEO/CFO/Treasurer level.
The RM will prepare for and conduct conversations regarding the client's distinct sector needs. The RM will assess risks and impacts from both the client's and the Bank's perspectives for development and implementation of an overall client strategy. The RM must be well versed in all Bank of America solutions and services for identification of cross-selling opportunities.
The role requires enthusiasm for and devotion to client acquisition. A successful RM is evaluated both on their ability to deepen existing relationships and importantly, to identify prospects. The RM must make sound judgments around business selection within the responsible growth framework and bring new business to the Bank.
- Relationship management of a client portfolio and prospects
- Lead team in preparation of client meetings to deliver full breadth of solutions and identify/execute cross-sell opportunities
- Creative approaches to prospecting new business
- Work closely with partners across lines of business and regions to deliver international capabilities
- Ownership for ensuring accuracy of client profitability reporting
- Partner with Sales Support for completion of AML/KYC due diligence requirements
- Take active role in initiatives to contribute to operational excellence opportunities
- Track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships.
- Sales skills and experience, including planning, execution and follow up of client meetings.
- Capable of organizing, facilitating, leading and negotiating with team of bank associates to solve client problems.
- Security Industry Essentials (SIE) Series 7, 63 (Must obtain series 7 & 63 license within 180 days of start date).
- Undergraduate degree required: MBA desirable.
- Existing knowledge of the market preferred.
- Technology and Centers of Influence networking contacts in the Boston community.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Primary Location:ONE BRYANT PARK, NY, New York, 10036 Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1.877.760.2076. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Please note: Messages left for other purposes such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.