The NBA G League and NBA 2K League Security Lead will be responsible for assessing, planning and executing industry-leading security programs to protect the safety of employees, players, and fans at league sponsored games and events both domestically and internationally. This position will also support the NBA's business continuity and crisis management efforts. This position will report to the Head of Team & Arena Security and will be geographically based.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, dynamic executive with proven experience in event security management, crisis management, and emergency planning. Strong oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on preparing reports and security assessments and analysis is required.
The NBA G League and NBA 2K League Security Lead will conduct comprehensive security-based assessments and define, manage, and analyze strategic metrics to accurately measure the effectiveness of the security program in controlling and mitigating risk. She/He will also be responsible for budget management and reconciliation. S/he will build and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as law enforcement and security professionals on the federal, state, and local levels.
The NBA G League and NBA 2K League Security Lead will manage/mentor direct reports. You will be a trusted and respected advocate for the security department while being firmly grounded in security operations prowess with respect to budget, assessments, and timelines.
We are a nimble organization - and we expect leaders to have a player-coach mindset, an in-the-trenches style and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to dive into details as needed. Sharing contemporary ideas and experiences is welcomed; creating and setting industry standards, while constantly raising the bar internally is ideal. This is a role for a creative individual who is excited about navigating the future with us!
- Responsible for the security operations, oversight and management of the NBA G League and NBA 2K League teams, security representatives and venues.
- Primary focus is to provide proactive/preventative security measures and contingency planning.
- Assuring security is properly integrated into the overall planning process for all games and/or special events.
- Oversee implementation of NBA G League Arena Security Standards by teams and arenas.
- Establish and manage NBA 2K League security protocols and processes.
- Create and conduct player orientation and team level awareness training.
- Conduct investigations involving game incidents, NBA G League and NBA 2K League players, staff and others as necessary and directed.
- Participate in the security planning and on-site management of security at selected special events including the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League Playoffs and Finals, All-Star Games, Global Games, basketball camps, NBA Draft, and other special events.
- Serve as a liaison with all relevant domestic and international law enforcement and national security agencies.
- Minimum of 10 years of law enforcement and/ or high-level security related experience. This may have been acquired through relevant law enforcement or equivalent international/ corporate security experience.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on being able to prepare clear, comprehensive and meaningful reports and presentations for NBA Senior Management relating to domestic and international security matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with various computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point); ability to learn bespoke League applications.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cohesively as part of a team effort.
- Strong background and experience in the area of emergency planning. business continuity and crisis management.
- Ability to effectively provide close supervision, guidance and structure to staff were needed.
- Ability to successfully navigate between business, basketball and security environments and needs.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Prior experience with security and special event planning, threat assessment/risk analysis, and thorough grasp of crowd control/management strategies.
- Supervisory/management experience in previous positions is desirable.
- Demonstrated success in conducting complex law enforcement investigations and operations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Advanced degree is desirable.
- Formal education/training in security related matters is a plus (i.e. ASIS, CPP).
- Some domestic and international travel is required for this position.
- $150,000 - $180,000 Per Year