Condé Nast has a huge global footprint across 32 countries worldwide with total monthly visitors reaching more than 550 million. We aim to inspire, inform and entertain our audiences through our portfolio of well known brands such as Vogue, Wired, Vanity Fair, Architectural Digest, GQ and many other leading brands.
Condé Nast has operations in America, Europe, South America and Asia. There are long-established operations in major Indian cities such as Mumbai and Chennai across many business areas.
The company is undertaking the biggest transformation in its history, driving towards expanding both its operations and its reach through diversifying the digital business models for our brands. Part of this involves bringing all of the Brands in all of our Markets onto a single Global Content Platform so that the entire company can make use of our shared services to deliver compelling experiences to our readers.Our Content Platform
Condé Nast is migrating 17 Brands located across 11 Markets onto its core Content Platform which consists of an authoring tool called Copilot, back-end Content APIs, and a syndication tool called Encore. Once this migration is complete, we will be able to offer a uniform set of content types and workflows to allow editors around the world to create and distribute content to any market we service.
Once the migration is complete, our Content Platform will then be expanded as part of new Digital-First content workflows that Conde Nast is currently planning. This work will transform how content is created at Conde Nast and enable us to offer new types of content experiences on our digital platforms.The Role
Condé Nast is looking for a Principal Engineer who specializes in Content Systems and Workflows. The ideal candidate has strong domain knowledge of content, including content formats, content authoring, and content distribution. They have extensive experience designing systems that enable the creation and distribution of content.
This is an individual contributor role, but this individual will be the thought leader in the content domain. They should be able to guide teams on the best practices of how to author and distribute content using our Content Platform. They should also be thinking strategically about the future direction of our Content Workflows and Systems and working on necessary architectural changes required to enable future capabilities and experiences. They should also be comfortable working with Product, Design, Engineering, and Business teams to shape the direction of the Content Platform.
• Data: MongoDB, AWS Lambda, Kafka, Parquet, S3, Presto
• APIs: GraphQL, REST
• Deployment: Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
• Source Control: Git, GitHub
How we work:
• Pairing. We like knowledge sharing and upskilling
• Remote friendly. We work with engineers across time zones & locations globally
• (Oncall - teams are responsible for their own apps)
• Act as the technical lead in guiding the architecture of our Content Platform
* Collaborate with Product, Business, and Data team stakeholders to understand requirements and turn those into the right technical designs
• Mentor other engineers on best practices around web applications
• Evaluate new technologies that can be integrated into our platform
• Identify and improve code and usability performance issues
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Helping us grow and expand our engineering teamsAbout you
• Bachelor's degree in CS or related experience
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Extensive experience building and maintaining with multi-tenant web application platforms
* Experience working with Content Delivery Networks to serve content
• Strong understanding of event-driven architectures
* In-depth knowledge of AWS Cloud infrastructure
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong sense of building products for other application engineers and experience building
platforms for other teams
• Seen technical projects throughout the entire development lifecycle, from ideation through
execution and maintenance
• Expert level fluency in at least 1 programing language