Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Delphix is the industry leader for DevOps test data management.
Businesses need to transform application delivery but struggle to balance speed with data security and compliance. Our DevOps Data Platform automates data security, while rapidly deploying test data to accelerate application releases. With Delphix, customers modernize applications, adopt multi-cloud, achieve CI/CD, and recover from downtime events such as ransomware up to 2x faster.
Leading companies, including Choice Hotels, Banco Carrefour, and Fannie Mae, use Delphix to accelerate digital transformation and enable zero trust data management. Visit us at www.delphix.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
The Solution Engineer is an individual contributor in the sales organization, responsible for driving revenue as a counterpart to our sales reps. Successful candidates will be comfortable both talking to C-level business leaders and handling detailed technical questions. In this role you will effectively collaborate with other teams including Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, Finance and Customer Support, as well as partners.
- Lead and develop technical sales efforts for key accounts
- Conduct extensive discovery on business objectives and challenges, use cases, technical architecture/topology
- Position Delphix within the customer’s digital transformation journey to highlight how Delphix helps discover and automate data compliance, accelerates software delivery, accelerate the journey to the cloud as well as the adoption of disruptive AI technologies
- Customize and conduct presentations, demos, workshops, and Proofs of Value (POV) connecting Delphix capabilities to customer business objectives and business value in a way that drives ROI and blocks competitors
- Act as the liaison among the customer and Delphix Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Customer Success, Professional Services and Support teams—especially on behalf of the customer
- Educate customers on the value proposition Delphix provides, and assist the customer to quantify that value at the technical, project, and LOB level
- Collaborate with customers to adopt or improve deployment pipelines, implement best practices in continuous learning for development, enable fast and reliable automated testing, adopt automated release management, and realize continuous integration/delivery
- Partner with the Sales and Field Services teams to jointly create a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives for Delphix
- Drive additional appetite and grow customer’s use of Delphix
- Develop reusable technical assets to scale presales
- Reports to a Presales Director, Lead Customer Solution Advisor or equivalent
- Superior listening, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and coordination skills within a matrixed organization
- Highly entrepreneurial, with a high level of energy, dedication and an unceasing drive to succeed
- Confident with a sense of pragmatism to deliver results regardless of obstacles
- High commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organizational objectives and key results
- Professional experience designing and delivering technology solutions (solutions on a cloud platform a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience in the one of the following technology areas: AI and MLOps, DevOps/CICD/TDM, Cloud, Data Masking & Governance, Data Management or Database Technologies (e.g., Oracle, Amazon RDS, change data capture, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in software technology sales, consulting solution delivery/sales, or commensurate experience in a similar role
- Experience presenting to executives, IT, business leaders and technology teams
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Math or Engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel up to 65% of the time (travel is primarily regional)
- Familiarity with DevOps Tools, Cloud services, TDM tools, or software frameworks (TOGAF, ITIL, etc.) a plus
- Experience with source control, testing, continuous integration, and group management DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, Selenium, etc. a plusFrequent travel required visiting prospects and customers
- Need to be able to work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives
- Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation
- Full time role