GitHub is building a world class Sales Development Organization and we're looking for the next generation of sales leaders to come in and build their legacy at GitHub. We help companies and organizations succeed by empowering them to build better software, together. As an Enterprise Business Representative you will profile ideal customers and markets for outbound lead generation, breaking into the largest companies in the world. We're customer obsessed and care deeply about delivering high quality work that surprises and delights our current and future clients.
The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages.
- Work with marketing and sales to execute outbound prospecting campaigns, driving opportunities with Enterprise businesses
- Work with GitHub tools and technology to pass qualified leads to corporate or enterprise sales and accurately forecast opportunity creation
- Answers customer business questions and determines if there is:
- Authority to purchase GitHub Enterprise
- Timing, the need for GitHub Enterprise is imminent (i.e., project needs it)
- 1+ years of successful sales experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to take initiative and embrace the growth mindset
- Coachable, can implement feedback in the moment
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Ability to convey information clearly and analyze customer requirements as needed to help a customer make buying decisions
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
In 30 days you will be:
- Through on-boarding, making your first impact on the team.
In 90 days you will be:
- Ramped up and hitting your numbers, learning more and more every day.
- The only bad day is one in which you didn’t learn something.
In 180 days you will be:
- Mastering your craft, living in the accelerators, raising your hand for more responsibility.
In 365 days you will be:
- Prepping for your next job. You will be in the EBR position for a minimum of 12 months while you learn the skills required to be successful in your future at GitHub. Most of our reps follow a career path towards Account Management, Account Executive, or Associate Sales Engineer positions.
- Previous experience prospecting into Enterprise Accounts in a highly technical market
- Current knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
Base salary: USD $55,250.00 - $61,425.00/Yr. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual’s base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role