Helix is a personal genomics company with a simple but powerful mission: empower every person to improve their life through DNA. Transparency, collaboration, and empowerment drive them, and they're looking for people who are confident by also eager to listen and learn. If you enjoy critical thinking & problem-solving, you could have real impact at a growing company with a meaningful vision - and you'll have fun. Helix offers their employees benefits like:
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision-making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
Helix + Transparency
At Helix, we value transparency. You will find the expected compensation, interview process, what to anticipate during onboarding, and your first 90 days listed in the job description for all Helix roles.
What is special about this role?
The Staff Quality Engineer role will be responsible for leading software compliance activities for the Enterprise and Experience development teams. Specifically, this role will partner with Engineering and Product teams to establish and maintain development lifecycle processes to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
As a Staff Quality Engineer, you will:
- Lead quality activities for software product development from requirements, risk management and test verification.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining processes and procedures, and ensuring adherence to the software development lifecycle.
- Coach and mentor team members on regulatory practices in verification testing and product lifecycle.
- Review and approve verification protocols and test results to ensure software meets customer and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate risk management activities from product concept to commercialization.
- Provide direction on CAPA activities, including scope and remediation plans.
- Support change control process through creation of documentation, ensuring adequacy of verification or validation to support the change, and compliance to procedures.
- Participate in the design and development process, working closely with Engineers, Product Managers, and Compliance team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 8 years of Quality Engineering experience working directly with software development teams in a regulated environment (FDA and/or CLIA/CAP).
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to effectively present at multiple levels in the organization.
- Proficient in Quality System Regulations (e.g. 21 CFR 820, IEC 62304, ISO 14971 and CAPA processes).
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies and associated development tools (e.g. Jira, Jama).
Physical/Mental Demands: This role requires prolonged periods of sitting while being able to view and read text on computer screens less than a few feet away. May periodically require lifting up to 10 pounds and occasional walking or standing. May require repetitive motions that may include the wrists, hands, or fingers. May require meetings in person or via video conference (on or off-camera). Requires work in a typical office setting or may be eligible for remote work. Role also requires the ability to reason logically and make sound decisions; ability to understand, remember, and follow verbal and written instructions; and ability to perform in situations requiring deadlines. Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For more information or to make an accommodation request reach out to HR@helix.com.
Expected Interview Process:
1) Recruiter Screen 2) Manager Screen/Tech Screen 3) Onsite 4) Offer
Expected Pay For This Role:
There are 3 distinct parts to your Helix offer: 1) Base Salary 2) Annual Bonus 3) Equity
Expected Helix Base: Our preference to hire is at the Staff QA Engineer level, but we're also open to strong Senior QA Engineer candidates:
- Annual Salary, Staff QA Engineer: 128,000 - 194,000
- Annual Salary, Senior QA Engineer: 118,000 - 179,500
Expected Helix Discretionary Annual Bonus: 15% of your annual salary
Equity: We offer generous equity at Helix. If you receive a Helix offer your recruiter will book dedicated time with you to educate you on our equity model.
The salary range above is our reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role across US locations. Actual starting pay will be based on non-discriminatory job-related factors, including exact work location, experience, relevant training and education, and skill level. Your recruiter can share more about your specific work location salary range during the hiring process.
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits through our employer of record.
What To Expect During Your Onboarding Week:
We want to make sure your first week is spent learning the foundations. You will be invited to live orientation sessions and spend time with your hiring manager developing your individual roadmap to success. This experience will include sessions that cover your benefits, security & privacy training, an introduction to the OKR framework used at Helix and our communication tools and norms.
What To Expect During Your First 90 days:
First 30 days: you’ll spend time learning the Helix way, completing training and onboarding for your roles, and getting introduced to your team and relevant stakeholders. You’ll also gain a deeper understanding of our customers, our products, the impact we make in the lives of our communities, and how to thrive at Helix through participation in Helix U.
Day 30 - 60: you’ll spend time contributing to projects, deeply familiarizing yourself with team and company processes, and developing a deeper understanding of Helix’s products, services and capabilities.
Day 60 - 90: you’ll build your OKRs with your manager, start to take ownership of projects and initiatives on your team, and begin to demonstrate your impact on the Helix mission.
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.