Strategic Alliances Director
In this role PagerDuty’s Strategic Alliance Director will be responsible for the management and on-going development of the company’s global strategic alliance with Amazon Web Services.
This role will be accountable for developing and executing PagerDuty’s AWS partnership strategy, leading cross-functional teams to drive incremental growth by building, evaluating and executing Go-To-Market (GTM) initiatives and building alignment at every level of the two organizations.
Key to the position is effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders including sales, alliances, marketing, legal, and operations. This is an individual contributor role providing leadership to a matrixed team of collaborators across functions including, Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services, Legal, Operations and Enablement.
- Develop a joint strategy and business plan inclusive of practice development, GTM, development of solutions and assets, co-marketing and innovation.
- Identify, develop and facilitate relationships between PagerDuty and AWS executives.
- Collaborate with Partner GTM teams to execute partner sales plays, offerings and industry solutions to specific markets for local execution and engagement with PagerDuty sales and CSG teams and AWS.
- Joint Solution Development & Execution - Collaborate with the PagerDuty Partner Center of Excellence to bring joint solutions to market.
- Help drive manage, execution and delivery of regional pipeline and revenue tied to AWS's strategies and initiatives in close alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Reports on performance and communicates to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments. Conduct regular cadence between AWS and PagerDuty stakeholders (Partner Sales/Alliances, Sales and Product Development)
- Ensure effective and timely internal and external communication and coordination of PagerDuty's performance against the alliance’s stated goals and initiatives.
- Travel as needed
- 5+ years experience working in a strategic alliance role at AWS or an ISV in the AWS Partner Ecosystem
- Experience working with systems integrators like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, or IBM in its cloud infrastructure or digital transformation practice.
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment
- The experience and ability to create offerings, , marketing, lead generation and professional services organization key performance indicators
- Executive engagement to lead and manage the most strategic global partners. Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and Organizational models
The base salary range for this position is 137,000 - 209,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, with many Dutonians choosing to work primarily from home. We also provide ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection, like team offsites and volunteering events.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO
- HibernationDuty - an annual company paid week off when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management. The PagerDuty Operations Cloud revolutionizes how critical work gets done, and powers the agility that drives digital transformation. Customers rely on the PagerDuty Operations Cloud to compress costs, accelerate productivity, win revenue, sustain seamless digital experiences, and earn customer trust. More than half of the Fortune 500 and more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 trust PagerDuty including Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerduty on Instagram.