Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
Are you a strategic thinker who wants to be a key player at a fast-growing, world-changing company in the next 2-4 years? If so, you might be a great fit for BioRender’s very FIRST Marketing Designer!
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Marketing team and play a key role in visually articulating our brand's value across marketing assets and programs in a captivating and compelling manner. In this role, you’ll be directly supporting marketing and sales goals while identifying design opportunities to enhance customer engagement and conversions. You’ll work alongside our Marketing, Product, Sales, and Creative teams to communicate and engage with our scientific audience.
This is a remote-friendly role!Our ideal fit:
- Attention to Detail: You are detail-oriented and have a strong eye for aesthetics/design and visual communication trends
- User-Obsessed: You enjoy going above and beyond to create thoughtful, creative solutions to ensure the best experience for your audience. You have a strong ability to describe complex concepts simply and concisely!
- Strong Project Management: You have a strong work ethic and are known for your ability to manage competing deadlines, iterate processes, and prioritize effectively
- Conceptualize, design, and produce visually impactful marketing campaigns tailored for various channels, ensuring they align with the brand's voice and objectives.
- Oversee the design and continuous enhancement of BioRender.com, ensuring user-friendly navigation, cohesive visual branding, and optimized user experience to drive signups.
- Develop and design a range of sales collateral such as brochures, presentations, event materials, blog posts, emails, and product one-pagers, ensuring they effectively communicate the brand's value proposition and benefits.
- Work closely with other departments, such as creative content, sales, people, and product teams, to ensure a unified brand representation and to gather input that influences design decisions.
- Establish and maintain a consistent design system for Marketing, including guidelines, templates, and assets, that can be used across various marketing materials and platforms, ensuring brand consistency and streamlining production processes.
- Has 2+ years of prior experience owning design deliverables from start to finish and creating clean, compelling marketing materials that incorporate scientific figures and illustrations for publications/presentations/etc
- 4+ years of experience as a designer working within a marketing team or agency on various projects.
- A degree or relevant working experience with examples in graphic design, digital design, marketing and creative design, providing foundational knowledge in design principles, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and executing marketing campaigns, website layouts, and sales collateral, showcased in a comprehensive portfolio that reflects versatility and expertise in both digital and print media.
- Comfortable with wireframes and working with Figma or any other design platform of your choice (ex. Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- A scientific educational background (e.g. medical illustration) and/or prior experience working in the life sciences industry is an asset!
- Introductory calls: We will set up a 30-minute phone call with one of our recruiters and our Head of Marketing during which you’ll have the opportunity to share more about your experience and interests. You’ll also learn more about BioRender and the team you’re interviewing with. Feel free to ask any questions throughout these calls!
- Practical interview: You’ll be completing a practical exercise so we can see your skills in action and give you a realistic role preview. This exercise will be conducted with our Head of Marketing and Scientific Content Manager.
- Work history interview: This is a conversational interview with our Leadership team. They will review your past work and educational experiences in chronological order -you can read more about how to prepare for this interview here!
- Meet the team: Throughout our interview process, you can expect to meet with some of your potential colleagues.
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!