The Messenger is a new digital news media company, whose mission is to deliver accurate, balanced, non-partisan news and information across every vertical, from politics and business to sports and entertainment.
The Messenger is seeking an experienced and strategic-minded Chief of Staff to support the President of The Messenger. As the Chief of Staff, you will coordinate operations, and facilitate communication and coordination between various departments and direct reports. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the media industry, excellent organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
● Manage the day-to-day operations of the President's office, including working with EA in coordinating meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
● Accompany the President during travel, as needed.
● Act as a primary point of contact between the President and internal/external stakeholders, ensuring timely and effective communication.
● Prepare and review reports, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the President, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
● Provide strategic guidance and support to the President in planning and execution of key initiatives.
● Stay on top of industry trends, competitive landscape changes, and emerging opportunities to inform strategic discussions and decision-making.
● Collaborate with senior executives and department heads to align strategic goals, drive cross-functional initiatives, and monitor progress.
● Prepare and deliver comprehensive reports and presentations to the President on strategic matters, performance metrics, and critical issues.
● Serve as a trusted representative of the President, liaising with internal teams, external partners, and stakeholders on their behalf.
● Attend meetings, conferences, and events on behalf of the President, representing the company's interests and maintaining strong professional relationships.
● Lead and oversee special projects and initiatives assigned by the President, ensuring timely and successful completion.
● MBA Required
● Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field.
● Proven experience in a senior executive support role, such as Chief of Staff, Executive Assistant, or similar positions.
● Deep understanding of the news media industry, including its challenges, trends, and competitive landscape.
● Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a strategic mindset and a focus on results.
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels.
● High level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
● Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to provide guidance, mentorship, and support to the President's office team.
● Proficiency in MS Office suite and other relevant software applications.
Salary range: $100,000 to $150,000
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other legally protected status.