Healthfirst was founded by a collection of major healthcare systems in the New York area to emphasize high quality of care, and better patient outcomes. We have grown into New York’s largest not-for-profit health insurer that covers over 1.7 million members in New York City and on Long Island, as well as in Westchester, Sullivan, Orange, and Rockland counties. Healthfirst accomplishes this all while collaborating with our hospital sponsors, provider partners, and provider delivery system via our value-based model.
More about the team, and the role:
Transactional healthcare data is the lifeline for our value-based payment model. The Risk Adjustment & Encounters Reporting team is unique, as it relies on establishing workstreams and developing partnerships across the care continuum to ensure data accuracy and integrity prior to its submission to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and the New York State Department of Health. As the Healthcare Analyst, you will be serving a critical role by working with both internal and external constituencies to Healthfirst to ensure that the data for our membership is complete and accurate.
You will be:
- Collaborating with internal and external constituents to further efficacy in enterprise risk adjustment activities
- Utilizing operational data assets to deliver narratives about relating to the performance of risk adjustment activities both conducted by the workgroups as well as those through our vendors
- Working within the team to create efficiencies and automation for reporting on progress through our initiatives
- Run, modify, and create data queries to produce supplemental reports
- Perform risk score, valuation, and other data analytics related to risk adjustment
- Modify or add models as needed for changing business needs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple functional areas within an organization
- Proficiency in advanced Excel (pivot tables, complex formula construction)
- Proficiency in programming/coding skills (SAS, SQL, or Python preferred)
- Must have experience working with large, complex datasets, including both financial & healthcare data
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize qualitative/quantitative data
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Healthcare Finance
- Previous work experience within the Healthcare Industry; especially within risk adjustment (Managing vendors, operating workstreams) or Analytics (Hospitals, IPAs, Healthcare vendors)
- Data Visualization Experience (Tableau, Qlik View, Power BI)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid “@healthfirst.org” email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.
Greater New York City Area (NY, NJ, CT residents): $65,600 - $94,775
All Other Locations (within approved locations): $58,300 - $86,700
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, licenses and certifications, and any other factors Healthfirst deems pertinent to the hiring decision.
In addition to your salary, Healthfirst offers employees a full range of benefits such as, medical, dental and vision coverage, incentive and recognition programs, life insurance, and 401k contributions (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Healthfirst believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package wherever its employees work and live.
*The hiring range is defined as the lowest and highest salaries that Healthfirst in “good faith” would pay to a new hire, or for a job promotion, or transfer into this role.
Healthfirst is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health insurers, offering members access to high-quality, affordable healthcare. The... Read more