Embrace your passion for innovation as a Product Designer, playing a pivotal role in advancing Esri's flagship mobile app, Field Maps, on iOS and Android. Engage in meaningful collaboration with a brilliant team of designers, developers, and product experts to streamline workflows and bridge the gap between field and office. Take this opportunity to shape the future of mobile GIS technology and inspire a new generation with the power of geospatial information at their fingertips.Responsibilities
- Take ownership of design work from brainstorming, sketching, and prototyping through to implementation
- Produce high fidelity visuals that are consistent across apps and conform to platform conventions
- Collaborate closely with developers to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Effectively organize and communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to the wider development team
- Facilitate design exercises that encourage participatory and iterative design techniques
- Work closely with design and product leadership to become a key player in determining the future direction of Esri’s field applications
- 2+ years of experience designing applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles and platform interface guidelines
- Proficient skills with design software including Sketch, or Figma
- Experience creating diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity interface design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems in collaboration with a team of designers, engineers, and QA as well as with business stakeholders
- Bachelor's in human factors, interaction design, psychology, or a related field
- Background in software engineering to include writing code as part of your career, hobbies, or education
- Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company
Please include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work. Samples should demonstrate design skills and a mix of low and high fidelity design deliverables.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $72,800.00 - $135,200.00
About us. At Esri, we build cutting-edge geographic information system (GIS) technology that our customers use to solve the world’s most complex... Read more