Global Commercial Services provides a range of card programs and expense management tools to help large, medium, and small businesses around the world manage almost all the facets of their business spending. The GCS Lead Financial Office (LFO) team is responsible for providing financial management, decision support, and planning & results analysis to the Chief Commercial Officer and her direct reports to help achieve BU and AXP financial targets.
This position partners with the Global and U.S. Large Enterprises organization, providing analytics to support profitable growth and decision making. Additionally, this role will deliver ad-hoc cost benefit analyses to help the organization determine the viability of investment requests.
In this role, the Manager will be responsible for:
- P&L Support: trend explanation, variance analysis, deep dives, and analytics
- Performing ad-hoc analysis of profitability trends across the Global and U.S. Large Enterprises portfolio to identify key opportunities for business growth
- Delivering client-level insights to support Business Development and Client Management portfolio prioritization and key client segments
- Providing ongoing support to the Global and U.S. Large Enterprises organization for effective and financially sound decision making
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 3+ years’ experience
- Self-starter who thrives in fast paced environment
- Confidence to voice opinions, ask questions and develop a point of view in meetings and conversations with senior executives
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data - advanced Excel skills & detail-oriented
- Strong relationship building skills and capable of driving results across teams
- Experience in big data (SQL/Python/R) is a plus; willingness to learn a requirement
- P&L understanding/experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree