Do you have a corporate finance background? Would you like to explore a career in the banking industry? Are you an ardent learner, always looking to develop your skills and expertise? Have you taken a career break and are you looking to return to a great career with a great company?
The Bank of America Returning Talent Program is a hiring initiative and training program geared towards professionals who have taken a career break for at least one year and who are looking to rejoin the corporate workforce. The program is designed to empower returnees by providing the tools and support to successfully reintegrate into the corporate world and make successful contributions to Bank of America.
We are launching the Bank of America's Returning Talent Program in Bank of America’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) space for individuals who have skills in corporate finance.
Returning Talent Program Overview
- The program will include a series of on-the-job learning experiences, which include professional skills training, courses to build banking business acumen, and mentorship to support re-entry into the workforce.
- The program utilizes knowledge/activity-based training modules and national and local leader/peer coaching to teach banking fundamentals.
- Mentorship as well as peer and professional networking opportunities offered throughout the program
The Regional Banking & Wealth Management (WM) Finance team is focused on providing financial support, strategic analysis, and holistic reporting of end-to-end financials across the Regional Banking & WM finance team, while driving efficiency across the team through the use of process automation and simplification. Business partners include the Line of Business (LOB) / Business Financial Officers (BFOs) / Global Expense Management (GEM) / Global Financial Control (GFC) / Treasury / Corporate Planning / Investor Relations / SEC & Reg Reporting / Enterprise Stress testing, and other business support horizontals teams, among many others.
The leader in this role is responsible for developing effective finance support to various cross-product and LOB teams while engaging with other CFO teams, partnering to analyze and report financials related to multiple processes providing all aspects of financial reporting, planning, and analytics. Processes include but are not limited to business case creation and analysis, product & business profitability, weekly outlooks, month-end close, quarter-end reporting, baseline & stress forecasting, and governance & controls.
Responsibilities include maintaining transparency with executives and senior leaders, ensuring reporting is accurate and in line with partner expectations, while maintaining an environment that effectively identifies, measures, monitors and controls risks associated with business activities. The leader will develop business partner relationships across all revenue and expense finance teams, and line of business / support partner contacts as applicable, while navigating a complex/matrixed business, influencing peers & analysts to deliver results, and driving accountability for delivering results, managing risks, and analyst development.
This opportunity offers the potential to develop skills such as the creation and management of financial forecasts, business analytics, cross functional business partnering, and performance reporting with exposure to the Regional Banking & WM products, along with the continued development of automation tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, and FactSet. Throughout the tenure of the role, this leader will gain exposure and acumen across Regional Banking & WM products sets and related key performance indicators, including balance sheet items, off balance sheet investments, the drivers of the P&L including revenue, provision and expense, while developing a broad understanding of Regional Banking & WM strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting) and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional / demonstrated work experience within financial services industry
- Demonstrated financial acumen, problem solving ability to arrive at well-founded conclusions
- Highly organized and proactive
- Strong communication, organization, presentation, analytical and leadership skills
- Detail oriented with a control mindset
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Approaches work with curiosity and interest to drive continuous process improvement
- Adaptable, ability to work independently in a fast paced, results driven environment with changing priorities
- Seeks to build relationships and collaborate with teammates
- Internally motivated to consistently achieve personal standards of excellence
- Desire to learn and leverage emerging technologies (Tableau, Alteryx, Workiva, FactSet)
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: