A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
We’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of Product Designers, Content Designers, Researchers, and Design Ops working closely with cross-functional partners to envision and deliver experiences that help people care for their home and empower small businesses nationwide to grow. We collaborate regularly through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of the product and company as a whole.About the Role
We’re looking for a Design Program Manager to join the Design Ops function within the Design team. Design Ops focuses on all things that empower high quality craft, methods, and processes to amplify the value and impact of Design at Thumbtack, using qualitative and quantitative feedback to evolve these processes. You’re passionate about the design space, and will be responsible for partnering with the Design leadership team to identify and implement ops improvements, develop and maintain new Design team programs, and execute on the team’s vision.Responsibilities
- Develop and manage Design team programs (e.g. onboarding processes, team rituals, L&D, etc.), and evolve them as the team scales.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving business, people, and workflow operations on the Design team. Prioritize the most important problems to solve and collaborate to deliver impactful solutions.
- Work with Design leadership to build a positive and welcoming team culture.
- Manage collaboration and communication process improvements, team documentation, and provisioning of tools.
- Collaborate effectively with various departments, including recruiting, HR, IT, legal, and finance teams to streamline processes.
- Coordinate and deliver communications across the Design team and to the company.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Passion for the Design and Research space and an eagerness to further their understanding of how these functions thrive and execute.
- 4+ years of operations and/or program management experience, preferably in the design or research space.
- Clear, structured, and proactive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to executing on the big picture while anticipating needs along the way.
- Self-Led. Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, identify and address blockers, and push projects forward from beginning to end with minimal oversight.
- Proactively identifies problems and inefficiencies, and seeks to address them with an eye towards maintaining team momentum.
- Previous experience in the Design Ops space or as a Design Program Manager.
- Experience working with remote teams.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.