Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned. Collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian.
From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart.At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
About the Job
If you are passionate about working with smart teams and providing high-quality service to the world's largest customers this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for customer champions who drive alignment and impact across product and operations teams. You are focused on improving broader customer experience and having a visible global impact on processes, products, and teams.
As Enterprise Support Engineer, you will own our largest and most important customer issues. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, you will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging, and troubleshooting across one-to-many Atlassian products.
You will lead and participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details. You will be part of a team ensuring we have customers for life. If this sounds interesting to you, apply and become part of our global team of engineers practising a follow-the-sun methodology with our other offices around the world to deliver the best support possible for our high-priority customers.
- Own, troubleshoot, and solve complex customer technical issues through effective diagnosis, resolution, collaboration, and troubleshooting best practices. Maintains transparency within and across teams, and maintains updates on the case.
- Refer to internal databases or external resources to provide prompt and accurate resolution/feedback to customers.
- Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation, and other digital self-help assets to improve customers' support experience. Experience in handling high visibility escalations.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs proactively with cross-functional teams like Product Management or Software Engineering. Drive technical collaboration & engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions).
- 8+ years of experience in technical support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community.
- 3+ years of experience in working with Enterprise customers.
- A proven track record to de-escalate problematic situations with customers, working with executive levels, while multi-tasking between tickets, and mentoring your team.
- Experience supporting customers over email, phone, and video calls.
- Good experience with APIs and REST calls.
- Strong database skills, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries.
- Strong troubleshooting skills on Internet technologies like web tech, email, networking, rest APIs, etc.
- Usage of Browser dev tools, frontend troubleshooting, and HAR File analysis.
- An understanding of Network terminologies such as DNS, DHCP, Usage of Basic Network troubleshooting commands, SSL, Proxy, Firewalls, TCP/IP, and identifying underlying network issues.
Good to have skills
- Experience with Splunk, Experience understanding and supporting Java apps.
- Understanding of Identity terminologies (SSO, LDAP, Active Directory, Oauth).
- Familiarity with one or more of the scripting languages (Shell/Python etc.)
- Customer Focus & Adaptability
- Effective communication
- Team and Collaborative Working
- Process re-engineering with a Solution Mindset
- Learning Aptitude
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget paid volunteer days, and so much more.