Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate with intellectual curiosity and critically assess existing processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop analyses requiring the integration of multiple data sources, evaluation of data quality, and standardization of data to consistent format/structure.
- Create queries and reports that extract data to support business teams’ needs, including working with nesting tables and temp tables and writing multiple conditions against varying data sets)
- Learn, adopt and leverage leading analytical tools and technologies to further the maturity of departmental analytics at-large.
- Hold oneself accountable for the accuracy, completeness, quality, and relevance of deliverables in order to own responsibility for work product and consider these factors in the end-to-end analytical process, from data gathering to analysis to formatting and presentation.
- Employ best practices in documentation, coding style and comments to facilitate persistence, reusability, and scalability of your solutions.
- Document and escalate data issues as appropriate.
- Exhibit collaborative attitude, willingness to work with others on data projects that included working team(s) made of cross departmental/interdisciplinary users.
- HS Diploma or GED from an accredited institution Working experience exhibiting strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills that include creating pivot tables, macros, utilizing v/h lookups
- Familiarity with writing SQL queries for analyzing data and establishing business rules and requirements.
- Familiarity with relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Understanding of the data lifecycle within the organization and its impact on the business
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Sciences, Engineering, Business Analytics, Informatics, or similar concentration
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, Amazon Redshift, QlikView, or other similar tools/platforms
- Familiarity with statistical principles, such as standard deviations, normal distributions, and regressions
- Familiarity with healthcare data
- Balances working independently with an understanding of when to escalate with questions/issues
- Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid “@healthfirst.org” email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.
Greater New York City Area (NY, NJ, CT residents): $65,600 - $94,775
All Other Locations (within approved locations): $58,300 - $86,700
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, licenses and certifications, and any other factors Healthfirst deems pertinent to the hiring decision.
In addition to your salary, Healthfirst offers employees a full range of benefits such as, medical, dental and vision coverage, incentive and recognition programs, life insurance, and 401k contributions (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Healthfirst believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package wherever its employees work and live.
*The hiring range is defined as the lowest and highest salaries that Healthfirst in “good faith” would pay to a new hire, or for a job promotion, or transfer into this role.