Reporting to the Director of Equity, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EEDI) Enterprise Business & Inclusive Talent, the EEDI Global Commercial Director will provide EEDI expertise and consulting throughout the Commercial organization. Responsibilities will include advising leaders using change management strategies and facilitating programs to help drive EEDI concepts and strategies down to the local level. The EEDI Leader will serve as a thought leader in the application of EEDI concepts across Commercial diversity councils. The incumbent will also utilize data, business insights and best practices to provide recommendations and solutions.
- Consult with Commercial leadership to shape the global Commercial EEDI vision and priorities by creating aspirational goals, plans for change/transformation and assessment of initiatives.
- Lead as an ambassador of the EEDI organization representing the services, support and resources available to Commercial and help manage the global reputation of the AbbVie organization as a whole.
- Partner with the HR leadership team to model “The Ways We Work” (AbbVie Leadership Behaviors) and foster an environment where every employee is engaged and inspired to contribute their best.
- Develop and deliver innovative Commercial EEDI strategies that are aligned with our enterprise EEDI strategy.
- Effectively use data to tell a story or create a narrative for change.
- Drive representation metrics functionally, by subfunction and globally (where applicable)
- Translate external and internal trends into innovative and creative practices.
- Collaborate with EEDI Council leaders in shaping their roles as champions and advocates for EEDI.
- Influence and drive action at all levels of the organization
- Partner with other Centers of Excellence to proactively contribute to the creation, development and roll-out of global programming to meet current and future state EEDI Commercial needs.
- Represent the EEDI enterprise team through functional internal speaking events, public panels/events and recruitment events and conferences.
- Facilitate the focus groups and listening sessions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 12+ years HR / legal / compliance experience managing sensitive data.
- Broad multi-stakeholder experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity, contributing to an inclusive working, and learning environment.
- Ability to influence people without direct authority to achieve solutions.
- Manages equitably and inclusively for all AbbVie employees regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability status and more.
- Harnesses the collective problem-solving powers of diverse, matrixed teams to achieve AbbVie organizational goals.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
We are AbbVie. A global Fortune 500 biopharmaceutical company creating life-changing medicines and first-in-kind solutions that make a real... Read more