Morgan Stanley's Private Banking Group (PBG) provides first-class Banking and Lending products and services to Morgan Stanley Wealth Management clients (MSWM Clients). PBG operates on highly regulated legal entities that will continue to rapidly expand over the next 12 to 24 months. The PBG business model has been identified as a major focus under MS expanded bank strategy.
MSWM Clients have access to a comprehensive suite of bank products including Sweep Deposits, Check writing, Card and Money Movement; as well as lending products such as Residential Mortgages, Securities Based Lending and Investor Real Estate. These products and services are offered through the MSWM Financial Advisor channel leveraging in-market Private Bankers employed by Morgan Stanley Private Bank, National Association (MSPBNA). MSPBNA is a regulated bank supporting PBG products such as Tailored Lending, Mortgages, Liquidity Access Line, Deposits and an Investment Portfolio.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization?s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
This position is within the PBG High Net Worth Lending (HNWL) & Sales CFO team and requires a strong, self-motivated and innovative individual to support the deliverables of that group. The Product CFO plays a critical role in the Firm?s annual CCAR filing along with the MS Banks? Quarterly Stress Testing. The individual will work closely with the respective Business Unit, Product Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Bank Treasury, Risk Management and other key stakeholders. The individual will also contribute to the forecasting and planning process of the PBG?s balance sheet and income statement as well as management reporting including analysis of the Bank?s performance and metrics. In addition, this role will also cover the PBG Sales organization and will provide exposure to both the HNWL Products as well as reporting to the WM Field.
- Assist in the production & analysis of monthly financial reporting for PBG HNWL & Sales
- Prepare & coordinate the quarterly and multi-year forecasting and planning process
- Utilize multiple data sources to create metrics reporting, including Balance and Revenue analysis, Expense analysis & Key Risk Indicators
- Work with Finance Management on various ad hoc reporting/analysis
- Assist with the review of the monthly close
- Work on remediation of Internal Audit or Regulatory matters requiring attention
- Assist with Quarterly Stress Testing as well as meeting Firm CCAR deliverables