Riverside Medical Group is growing our team in New Jersey and Connecticut. As part of Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
Optum Tri-State is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. This position will be responsible for supporting the strategic reporting and analytics relatedOptum Tri-State. This position will facilitate the development of standard reporting and analytics with actionable and Optum Tri-State specific findings and will work closely with Optum Tri-State leadership, Medical Directors, and OptumCare partners to monitor performance and identify key areas for improvement. The candidate must have excellent multi-tasking skills and enjoy thinking outside of the box to develop innovative ways to address the information needs effectively and efficiently of Optum Tri-State.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in New York/New Jersey as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and report on financials and health care statistics
- Assist in the development of program forecasts, budgets, and plans
- Research economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning
- Create annual budget templates
- Maintain department P&Ls
- Assist in the strategic Capital spend and forecasting
- Assist in acquisition and merger due diligence
- Assist Operations with metrics and other requests
- Ad-hoc requests from leadership
Critical success factors:
- Self-starter and be able to take direction and come up with approaches and solutions
- Working in a matrix environment to drive efficiencies through influence
- Seeks ways to improve job and operational efficiency and makes suggestions as appropriate
- Takes ownership of the process and provides constructive information to minimize problems and increase provider and Optum Tri-State satisfaction
- Partners with Optum Tri-State leadership teams and OptumCare management to coordinate execution and implementation at Optum Tri-State
- Ensure activities are appropriately integrated into the strategic direction, as well as the mission and values of the company
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience
- 1+ years of financial forecasting experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Solid academic credentials & other non-academic activities
- Healthcare industry experience
- Hyperion Essbase, SmartView and PeopleSoft experience
- Advanced data visualization skills using BI tools like Tableau
- SQL or other large data analysis skills
- Ability to build solid relationships across a variety of stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare - the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.