UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Early Careers Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Recruiter is responsible for recruitment of early career candidates across an assigned spectrum of roles, geographies and/or functions while leveraging our external DEI partnerships to build pipeline for our roles. Recruitment includes both high volume entry level roles as well as, includes recruitment of candidates to fill individual positions. In addition to supporting the recruitment and pipelining of early career candidates, this individual also maintains relationships with our external DEI partners.
Accountabilities include developing on-campus recruitment strategies, acting as a consultant to early careers teams and Hiring Managers throughout the hiring process, and delivering on expected hiring goals. This individual manages the process, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components involved in making an early career hire. The Early Career DEI Recruiter is also accountable for managing interactions with candidates in accordance with employment law and in a manner that fosters transparency, simplicity and respect.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand overall early careers hiring demand and consults on infusing DEI partnership candidates into all talent pools
- Consult, educate and influence on enterprise DEI partnership and alignments into recruitment strategies
- Educate and increase DEI acumen for early careers recruitment team and business leaders
- Build and maintain DEI materials and collateral to provide insight and education to key stakeholders
- Submit and build pipelines for early careers DEI events in TalentSouce (SalesForce) and maintain talent pipelines
- Review and screen DEI partnership resume bundles, upload resumes into TalentSource (Sales Force) and share talent with appropriate Recruiter and/or Sourcer
- Monitor and maintain DEI partnership reporting in Domo
- Consultation on success of early careers DEI partnerships and areas of focus to key stakeholders throughout recruitment season
- Responsible for communications with candidates throughout recruitment process, managing interactions in accordance with employment law and in a manner that fosters transparency, simplicity and respect
- Implement and execute pre-employment candidate engagement strategy
- Work with Recruiting Coordinator to initiate offer and candidate processing including background check and drug screening
- Identify areas for improvements and proactively identify solutions that can improve the greater early careers recruitment team
- Support broader talent acquisition projects
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- 2+ years working in a corporate environment or agency recruiting firm, diversity equity and inclusion, or human capital experience.
- Experience in communicating to various audiences and senior leadership
- Experience recruiting for college programs
- Experience working in Taleo Applicant Tracking System
- Experience working in Salesforce or equivalent candidate relationship management (CRM) system
Careers with UnitedHealth Group. Discover rewarding opportunities as we help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. Join a team of people who are talented, compassionate and driven. We will support you with the global outreach, resources and inclusive culture we’re proud to foster as a Fortune 5 company. We encourage you to grow as we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.