Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll drive research, design, and best practices for our growing product. We’re looking for a systems-level thinker with a dedication to craft who enjoys collaborating with product management, engineering, and other designers to create intuitive, delightful, and innovative experiences.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!What you'll do:
- Create validated solutions based on user research which the post-solar design process simple and intuitive for solar professionals
- Own and drive the design vision for your product area
- Craft, maintain, and update the design system for our product suite
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams in ways that develop trust and collaborative decision-making, resulting in feasible and elegant solutions which will delight our users
- Drive product design process from research, problem discovery, solution framing, low-fidelity concepts, wireframes, and polished Figma prototypes all the way to executed, high-quality working software
- Inform and guide the work of team members by providing clear, actionable, and organized deliverables
- Possess deep knowledge of the user journey within your product area and peripheral areas, and represent both implicit and explicit needs of our users to the rest of the product team
- Knowledge of building out complex, multi-persona, consumer-grade B2B products
- Ability to comprehend how technical requirements, database constraints, and other complex factors have impact on user experience and can offer creative solutions within these considerations
- 5+ years experience shipping responsive web-based applications
- Creating, managing, and leading design system efforts while partnering with developers and designers to ensure consistent application of design frameworks
- Excellent visual designer who cares about delivering meaningful beauty with a great eye and passion for aesthetics that encourages full, end-to-end experience of the user
- Portfolio that showcases wholistic, systems-thinking approach to solutions
- Dedication to craft while maintaining the ability to think leanly and iterate rapidly
- Ability to conduct user research and has a large toolbox of research methodologies
- Great communicator and facilitator who can utilize discovery frameworks to help us find opportunities, identify gaps, brainstorm collaboratively, and effectively showcase stories
- Ability to gracefully give and humbly receive feedback, knowing the value in working jointly to achieve a common goal
- Knowledge in solar, construction, or permitting is a plus
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges in each zone are:
- Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $137,000.00 - $185,000.00
- Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $129,000.00 - $174,500.00
- Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $121,000.00 - 164,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.
Learn more about Aurora Solar