$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function is responsible for assisting physician with patient care by controlling allergy shot patient flow, administration of allergy shots, administration of biologic medications, obtaining prior authorization for medications, assessing patients for signs and symptoms of allergic reactions, and providing patient education.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday daytime hours. Occasional Saturday shifts (half day)
Travel: Must have flexibility to travel to offices in Belleville and Clifton as needed.
- Provides general care to patients. Administers prescribed testing, medications, and treatments
- Maintains immunotherapy room with necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness
- Observes, records and reports patients’ vitals and reactions to treatments
- Assesses patient needs and suggests solutions to patient care problems
- Maintains accurate patient records
- Assures patient stays for required observation time after injection(s)
- Reacts appropriately in patient reaction situations; informs physician and/or other clinical staff as necessary to mitigate adverse reactions
- Learn and perform immunotherapy vial mixing procedures
- Demonstrates clinical competence and sound knowledge base in provision of quality patient care
- Serves as a role model and consultant to staff
- Regularly interacts with physicians and other departments in order to identify and resolve problems
- Report improperly operating medical equipment and instruments to supervisor
- Follow OSHA regulations
- Maintains patient, employee and clinic confidentiality
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active LPN license in the State of New Jersey
- CPR certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Clinical experience in allergy
- Electronic health records experience
- Proven bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
- Lifting: Average weight is 5-10 pounds for a distance up to 4 feet, occasionally
- Bending: Occasionally
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, with intermittent shift lengths up to 12 hours
- Normal vision (or corrected vision) and hearing
- Ability to tolerate viewing on computer monitor for extended periods of time
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
New Jersey Residents Only: The hourly range for New Jersey residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.