Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian's Data Center products are self-managed versions of our world-leading Agile collaboration tools, built for the enterprise. Working as a Data Center Senior Full Stack Software Engineer means working with and improving the experience of thousands of fascinating customers including Airbnb, NASA, Cisco, eBay, and Toyota!
Enterprise Data Center recognized accessibility as a must-have for our largest customers and is building a team dedicated to improving the accessibility (a11y) of all products. Developers, product managers, and designers will work together on the most important issues and raise awareness for developing with accessibility in mind.
We work with some of the biggest companies in the world who use our products in extremely complex setups to do remarkable things and we are committed to making our software accessible for all of their team members.
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to improve accessibility across all Atlassian Data Center products.
As a member of the Data Center Accessibility initiative, you will promote our mission to unleash the potential in every team by implementing our accessibility strategy for products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo Data Center. At Atlassian, we are committed to helping teams build a diverse and inclusive environment. We make our software accessible to help visually or physically impaired people unleash their potential and be successful at their workplace.What you'll do
- Be at the forefront of how Atlassian addresses the accessibility needs of our users
- Collaborate with designers, quality engineers, and accessibility experts to address identified accessibility issues
- Implement automated accessibility tests to ensure compliance with standards such as WCAG 2.1 AA
- Form relationships with engineers, designers, support, and other customer-facing teams on delivering outstanding solutions to tricky problems
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the industry to ensure that the software we build today is what our customers will want to use tomorrow
- Work on products in huge and demanding markets, addressing customer needs across the entire spectrum, from small teams to massive enterprises
- Report directly to your Engineering Manager
- 5+ years of experience with software development in Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, and an understanding of how to write performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and software development practices (unit testing, pair -programming, and continuous integration)
- Debugging skills
- Proficient English (both spoken and written)
- Customer focus, and client orientation skills
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
About the Company
We're a team of 7000+ Atlassians supporting an international group of 250,000+ customers. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and... Read more