Datadog is the essential monitoring platform for cloud applications. They bring together data from servers, containers, databases, and third-party services to make your stack entirely observable. Datadog makes a conscious effort to ensure their employees at every level reflect the many experiences and identities of the outside world, treating everyone with fairness and without bias so they can belong, excel, and succeed together. Datadog supports the health and well-beng of their employees and families with benefits like:
Manager, Engineering - Streams
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to come in to lead our Streams team and help it grow to the next level. This team is part of the Platform Automation group and maintains the underlying infrastructure for Kafka, which is the message bus for a variety of our internal platforms. Many of the workloads that we run at Datadog are interacting with Kafka to propagate messages across a wide variety of pipelines: Metrics, Event-Platform, Alerting, APM, Profiling and many more products that are part of the Datadog suite.
This team is paired closely with other teams in Distributed Data Systems so that we can build common solutions together which support our various platforms. We will be working on an effort to bring standard solutions across multiple teams to support automating away operational burden, with a goal of bringing elasticity at a multi-cloud level.
We’re looking for a leader that is technically deep enough to work with this team and bring their domain expertise to identify and prioritize challenging problems with a cross functional approach. You’ll be working closely with Platform Automation teams and teams in the Distributed Data Systems group to build out a reliable next generation platform for our streaming infrastructure.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the vision and execution for Streams
- Help to grow the team into multiple teams over time
- Partner with other automation and platform teams to find common solutions
- Help to identify workflows that can be automated in the operational and deployment space
- Create a roadmap in conjunction with the other Platform Automation teams
Who You Are:
- You’ve managed and lead one or more teams and have shipped successful products
- Have domain expertise in Kafka or another stream processing system
- You’re comfortable managing geographically distributed teams
- You’re adept at motivating people through a combination of clear communication, a track record of successful and rapid execution, and an ambitious vision.
- You have experience managing operationally heavy teams and you’re willing to share the on-call responsibilities with them.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $234,000 to $300,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.