Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionising the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about building scalable cloud services to join our growing Enterprise SRE team. You'll be joining a brand new mission critical team focused on delivering our flagship products (Jira, JSM, Confluence) to Enterprise customers, tackling issues and escalations at the highest customer/user scale. You’ll design and implement infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence.
You’ll also support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP / Azure)
- Strong backend engineering experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language (e.g., Python, C#, Java, Kotlin etc.)
- Experience building web-services and clients.
- Strong triage and troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding of one or more modern observability platforms (e.g., Splunk, NewRelic or something similar)
- Experience using container systems like Docker and/or Platform-as-a-Service.
- Engagement to debug, optimise code, and automate routine tasks.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
- Experience with Database administration; Managing RDS/Postgres infrastructure will be highly valued.
- Experience in microservice architecture.
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering and/or operating large scale systems.
- Experience building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.