Come create the technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).You will join the RAN Business Unit and will enjoy our culture of innovation, openness, discipline, simplicity, accountability, and profit mindset.
Your future teams are developing Nokia 3GPP mainstream radio technology products and solutions including cross-technology responsibility (Multi Radio Access Technology).
Your unit’s main priorities are flawless execution of System programs including Network Management & Optimization and attached services.
What you will learn and contribute to
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for all the automated workflow related activities. This includes the tool chain as well as the process related activities. In this role you are also developing and maintaining the CI system for the overall internal development community.
The CI Lead Engineer develops all the automation features. The overall design includes also the documentation, maintenance and development and the test of the solutions to be delivered.
- Design, implementation, maintenance and test of a CI system for up to 200 developers
- Provide a reliable and beneficial development environment for all projects
- Close collaboration with the Build team
- Administration and development of the CI system
- Ensure smooth operation of the CI system
- Supports Release and Test Managers
- Develops new feature for CI
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a similar background.
- Very deep knowledge and deep experience with CI way of working
- Deep understanding of relevant tools like Jenkins, Zuul, Coverity, SonarQube, Git, Gerrit, SVN, Artifactory, SQL, etc.
- Very good programming skills (Scripting, Bash, Python, C/C++, etc.)
- Bitbake and GCC compilers
- Strong experience with tools like Docker
- Cloud-computing platforms (OpenStack, Google Kubernetes, VM, etc.)
- Good understanding of Linux based network, Linux Administration
- Affinity to all required infrastructure topics, like networking
- Very good understanding and track record of Testing
(Unit Tests, Module Tests, System Component Tests)
- Commitment to agile paradigm and a continuous development
- Practical day to day team spirit inclusive strong communication abilities
- Able to deal with parallel and urgent priorities in a very alive environment
- database programming is a plus
- RESTAPI interface specifications might be needed
- basic transport technologies, layers and protocol stacks
(IPv4 / IPv6 and network protocols)
- technical competence and understanding of 3G and LTE/5G and Nokia system components is advance.
Way of working
- Optimistic real team player with pro-active and creative thinking
- Passion to learn new technologies and willing to accept challenge
- Capability of analytical thinking, structuring complex tasks
- Self driven personality, flexible, intrinsic motivated, open minded
- Capable of decision making and driving own work effectively
- Ability to achieve committed targets within agreed time lines
- Fluent written and spoken English
- German is a plus
• Remote work possible
• Work in a global team with other CI developers
• Willingness to work outside of regular working hours
Stakeholders and major contact persons
• Software developers
• Internal system providers: Build- and Lab-Team, Test Framework team, developers
• External system providers: SCM, IT, etc.
• Consumers: Platform CI, Platform development
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.