- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in analytics, including 4 years of experience in an analytics development role.
- 1 year of experience as a product owner in an analytics area.
- Experience with relational databases including SQL queries, database definition, and schema design.
- Master's degree or other advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Experience with presenting complex technical solutions to executive stakeholders.
- Ability to work in ambiguity and in a fast-paced environment.
The YouTube Strategy, Business Operations, Analytics, and Finance (SBAF) teams goal is to make YouTube commercially sustainable and more valuable, by identifying and guiding the business towards opportunities, guiding the organization to make the best possible decisions, and enabling effective implementation and operations, with proactive and trusted risk management.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Lead development and deployment of centralized reports, dashboards, models and tools to analyze, report, and present partnerships and operations related data that is associated with YouTube Content Organization.
- Conduct requirements gathering and project scoping sessions with subject matter experts, business users, and executive stakeholders to discover and define business reporting needs.
- Use effective data visualization and analytical skills to simplify complex business flows and enable faster decision-making and execution.
- Own strategy for shared analyst infrastructure (e.g., code base, business intelligence stack) and continually innovate on infrastructure for the analyst community to utilize.
- Advocate for technical best practices within the analyst community on pipelines, dashboards, code review practices, and data concepts and lead technical training for business analysts.