Autodesk makes the software and tools that help people imagine, design, and make a better world. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with their software. Autodesk offers their employees benefits like:
Job Requisition ID #
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges.
This is an exciting time to join us on our multi-year journey to delight the Architecture, Engineering and Construction design world with Revit by delivering unprecedented value and converging workflows with cloud-based technology. We are rapidly combining many world leading technologies and teams into the Revit family.
This role is in the Building Design within the Architecture, Engineering and Construction Design (AEC Design) division. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a focus on Computer Graphics to join one of our teams to help us fulfill the mission of building a new modern, fast and high-quality graphics pipeline for Revit that would allow our customers to benefit from the latest technology and software when authoring and communicating their immersive (3D) and disciple-specific schematic (2D) designs.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and gain experience in a team that is technically proficient, goal driven, highly cohesive, highly supportive, and diverse. You will receive mentorship and coaching in your journey to becoming a productive and impactful contributor.
- Design, implement, test and maintain high-quality & stable code to drive delivery of high-quality products and solutions for customers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Develop estimates for tasks, evaluate risks and identify dependencies, to aid in planning
- Research and prototype new technology valuable to the project
- Re-factor, optimize, and enhance existing code and algorithms
- Work as part of a very collaborative team of software engineers, QAs and designers in Bucharest and potentially other worldwide engineering sites
- Outstanding programming, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience in professional software development as Software Engineer or similar
- Solid working experience with C++ and Windows APIs.
- Solid knowledge of desktop graphics APIs like OpenGL, DirectX, etc.
- Familiarity with shader programming
- Experience developing complex, visualization-intensive Windows applications
- Solid, demonstrable interest in software architecture and design
- Knowledge of source control systems, especially Git & GitHub
- Ability to work well in a team to deliver on team goals
- Commitment to learning and self-development in both technical and non-technical skills
- Commitment to delivering a best-in-class customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with developing large desktop applications in a modular, componentized manner
- Knowledge of Pixar’s USD and Hydra libraries and their APIs
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with test automation tools & strategies
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).