Datadog is the essential monitoring platform for cloud applications. They bring together data from servers, containers, databases, and third-party services to make your stack entirely observable. Datadog makes a conscious effort to ensure their employees at every level reflect the many experiences and identities of the outside world, treating everyone with fairness and without bias so they can belong, excel, and succeed together. Datadog supports the health and well-beng of their employees and families with benefits like:
As the Director of Production Engineering you will lead and manage a growing team to ensure that all software and infrastructure produced at Datadog is secure, and to unify security practices with the rest of engineering.
You will own the teams and solutions that embed with various engineering teams to ensure security concerns are addressed, establish secure-by-default configurations, and have a holistic understanding of software supply chain as well as integrity mechanisms. You will establish the proper relationships to understand support models needed by teams as well as establish the proper metrics to show continuous improvements.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and grow teams of talented application security, cloud security, and software engineers who will build and monitor paved roads that can deliver frictionless experience and allow all product engineering teams to work in a secure manner by default
- Build and maintain a security champions program by managing and growing a security partnership team of security engineers who can embed with areas of the product where help is needed
- Define and drive the strategy to ensure that security is part of a highly DevOps oriented and multi-cloud environment
- Create and evangelize a world-class SDLC program, and represent Datadog in the DevSecOps, application security and cloud security community
- Partner with Datadog’s product management team by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Partner with our open source software (OSS) community team to support a proactive OSS security and contribute to Datadog’s love for OSS
Who You Are:
- Proven experience building cutting-edge application and cloud security programs, and threat modeling and abuse detection practices
- You have designed capabilities which embeds security expertise within other areas of the business and you have built product security functions within a product or cloud-native company
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
- CISSP, CISM, OSCP, or similar certifications
- Proven experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of DevOps that includes security
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.