Who we are:
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want — giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com
You’ll be joining the founding Product team at Nacelle. We’re a small but mighty team made up of leaders who’ve previously built products at rocket ship growth commerce companies like Everlane and Shopify. We partner with engineering, design, and our go to market peers to craft products that power innovative, high-growth merchants. These brands – Boll & Branch, FTD, and Ilia Beauty, to name a few – process millions of dollars in goods sold worldwide.
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment to reinvent how commerce works? As a Product Manager at Nacelle, you’ll be responsible for building APIs, products, and platforms to support data orchestration for our merchants. Leading brands today struggle to combine their commerce stack – merchandising, content, inventory, checkout, shipping, fulfillment, orders, etc – to deliver the best possible customer experience for their shoppers. You’ll discover and champion the needs of high-growth merchants to help unlock these back-office and merchandising capabilities to support new sales channels, omnichannel retailing, and differentiated customer experiences online.
As a founding product manager you’ll help to shape the vision, culture, and practices for product management at Nacelle. If you’re looking for a formative and deeply technical opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the future of commerce, we’d love to talk to you!
The ideal candidate is a low-ego team player who has a knack for achieving outcomes in a collaborative environment and crafting impactful and extraordinary software.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a few years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your title was, so long as you have hands-on experience across the full life cycle management of a product – from ideation to ship to continuous refinement
- You have recognized market opportunities and customer needs – and turned them into APIs, products, and/or platforms that have measurably delighted real users.
- You are genuinely excited about solving customer problems. Having empathy for users from experience or directly interacting and building for users.
- You have the ability to understand and leverage data to make informed product decisions, set success metrics and measure results
- You are technically curious and a systems thinker, ideally with experience working as a software engineer
- You have collaborated with multidisciplinary product teams of designers, developers and go to marketers.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. Rolling up your sleeps, thrive in chaos, and get stuff done
- You have great written and verbal communication skills
- You default to action and help your team do the same
- You are a team, player, coach, and referee all-in-one
We’d be really excited if you have:
- Experience working on products with developer interfaces (i.e., APIs and SDKs)
- Experience working at a venture backed, fast growing, market disrupting company
- A proven track record of delivering impact using an agile scrum framework or similarly iterative process to get stuff done
- Have experience working at a leading digitally native vertical brand (DNVB) responsible for any or all of the following digital infrastructure: eCommerce, Internationalization, Order Management Systems, Inventory Management
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow and practice our values of "forever learning, ownership, honesty and integrity, and teamwork."
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple... Read more