Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Personal Financial Service practice, within PwC Private, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients develop, design and implement plans to achieve their personal wealth goals and ensure maintenance for future generations. You’ll focus on analysing the tax efficiencies of income tax, investment, insurance and risk, and other lifestyle investments planning to establish a foundation for financial longevity." Our PwC Private teams help entrepreneurs, private business owners and family enterprises manage their ownership and growth at every stage, in a way that fits the needs of their business in today's changing global landscape.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Working with our Private Company Services Personal Financial Services practice will provide the opportunity to help High Net Worth Individuals & private wealth management structures with a range of advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, & planning to improve their operational efficiency & free up time to be spent focusing on personal wealth strategy. Our team helps our clients develop, design & implement plans to achieve their personal wealth goals & maintenance for future generation.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA or Member of the Bar.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader and consulting with high net worth individuals on some of the following areas:
- Financial planning;
- Wealth transfer planning; and,
- Business succession planning or trust and estate work.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- Possessing comprehensive technical skills with Form 1040 for High Net Worth individuals and Form K1 production and compliance;
- Possessing considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs; developing and sustaining deep client relationships;
- Leading as a business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset; and,
- Leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members - create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff and encourage improvement and innovation.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and/or a proven record of success of automation & digitization and leads by example in a professional services environment including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements; and,
- Advancing pricing strategy through the use of pricing tools and influence a shift to alternative fee arrangements.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxdirector