Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Project Management team collaborates with PwC practice leaders to develop and deliver technology solutions. We provide project management oversight and collaborate with various project resources and vendors to ensure the appropriate methodology is followed, deliverable quality is high, and satisfaction is achieved. Simply put, you’ll solve business problems using technology, work with multiple teams concurrently, and be able to take pride in end to end ownership of a project.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader overseeing the delivery of technology solutions using agile methods and both onshore and offshore providers including:
- Working collaboratively in a dynamic, ambiguous environment with multiple competing priorities which requires self-motivation, discipline, organization, and a high attention to detail;
- Possessing working knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies;
- Collaborating with others to discover creative solutions to complex problems, which may require unique approaches, while maintaining standards and minimizing risk to the firm;
- Possessing written, oral and listening skills with the ability to understand and act upon leadership guidance in work product and deliverables;
- Having the ability to influence sponsors and stakeholders; and,
- Managing multiple complex, concurrent projects and associated deliverables.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in project management roles including the use of traditional or agile methodologies to deliver technology solutions including the following areas:
- Utilizing Project Management tools such as ServiceNow, MS Project, G Suite collaboration tools;
- Driving technology solution delivery for large projects/programs through a complete agile development lifecycle (backlog prioritization, sprint planning, tracking burn-down/velocity, etc.); and,
- Managing vendor resources (onshore and offshore) including obligations established in Service Level Agreements and risk management/escalation.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a contributor / leader in the following areas:
- Participating in integrated planning across multiple technology pillars including development of high-level pillar strategy operational plans;
- Leading stakeholder management and driving the onboarding strategy of the deployment of Global Reporting and Analytics products across the PwC network;
- Leading demand management process while partnering with product, technology and business stakeholders to define product vision and roadmap;
- Addressing requests from PwC technology senior leadership for operational information across multiple pillars;
- Developing leadership messaging for communications;
- Preparing presentations to inform and influence leadership, stakeholders, committees etc.;
- Managing risks and issues across multiple pillars and developing/communicating mitigation strategies for risks and issues proactively;
- Responding in a timely manner to completion of administrative / organizational deliverables;
- Applying project management and agile knowledge to identify, escalate, and remove team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals;
- Influencing project team members to identify and address project issues, including leadership and interdependent teams, and to promote self-directed teams by enabling open, transparent and clear communications;
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with executive sponsors and stakeholders so all activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case and strategy;
- Navigating complex problems and challenging stakeholders, while evaluating and prioritizing needs and creating actionable recommendations;
- Creating and maintaining sprint schedules based on information from the vendor and PwC task information, while incorporating updates and changes to the integrated project plan and preparing reports and presentations for executive levels;
- Collaboratively managing Technology Leader and CoS expectations on a regular basis;
- Managing all SOW deliverables and reporting project costs and forecasts on a regularly scheduled basis to project leadership and making recommendations to improve project effectiveness;
- Managing internal and external project resources considering quality/acceptance of SOW deliverables internally and externally;
- Applying knowledge of the Firm to the Project Management activities to comply with Firm policies and standards; and,
- Promoting the use of collaboration tools like Meet, Web-ex, G Suite and team databases.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsseniormanager.