When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
American Express’ Internal Audit Group (IAG) has reinvented our audit process and is leading the financial services industry with our Audit NextGen, Data-Driven Continuous Auditing, and Auditor of the Future initiatives. Each uniquely support our Winning Aspiration to be a world class internal audit function that:
- Provides data-driven and technology-enabled assurance
- Delivers timely risk insights that are business-aware and forward-looking
- Supports our colleagues with experiences that prepare them to be enterprise leaders
Collectively, IAG’s strategic initiatives, combined with our greatest asset – our people – enable IAG to utilize advanced data analysis capabilities, provide greater and continuous assurance, and help ensure quality products and services are provided to American Express customers.
IAG’s innovative Data-Driven Continuous Auditing approach has led to patent-pending technology assets over our uniquely developed audit methodology and technology enablers.
We are looking for those who share our mission and aspirations and are passionate about the use of data and technology in a collaborative, people-focused environment.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
You could be recruited for a role to serve as a key member in our Internal Audit Group. We seek data and technology literate risk & assurance professionals to deliver impactful audit conclusions and insight.
IAG is a worldwide function with 200+ team members and offices across nine countries within American Express. We are committed to growing our audit staff significantly as we continue to expand and enhance the Internal Audit Group. Our assurance and risk professionals have diverse backgrounds including internal controls, consumer compliance, technology, operational risk, financial accounting, data analytics, and banking operations. Most IAG team members hold at least one professional certification. Our audit teams align to key risk areas and business units to ensure IAG can provide comprehensive and risk-based audit coverage.
This role of Manager, Enterprise Digital & Data Solutions within the Internal Audit Group (IAG) will be an integral part of a focused team of experienced audit professionals that audit enterprise level platforms and processes.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Participate as a key team member on audit projects responsible for assisting with annual planning and owning core audit tasks, more complex areas and challenging workloads on successive assignments
- Proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets, and timelines
- Present audit objectives, scope, and results to senior management, clearly articulating the potential impact of control gaps in a highly professional and proficient manner
- Validate that actions taken by management to address findings are appropriate and document the results
- Maintain audit proficiency through ongoing professional development including data literacy skills
- Proactively lead audit execution including supervise and mentor junior staff, review their workpapers, and escalate issues
- Monitor a portfolio of audit analytics, assess analytic results, use the analytic data to tell the potential business story, and work with audit and business colleagues to validate that story
- Collaborate with audit teams to understand the data behind key processes, risk and controls to develop analytic control tests and analyze and interpret their results
- Assist team leaders, senior auditors and staff auditors in accomplishing team objectives and producing results
- Effectively coach, teach, mentor and develop junior colleagues and co-sourced resources in geographically diverse locations across all aspects of their role, the audit and analytic lifecycle, and audit methodology
- Obtain a CISA, CISM, CAP or other technology-focused certification
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of regulatory, accounting, and financial industry best practices relevant to the business, including technology and data implications
- Experience with technology control testing including interface inputs, reports, application security, business continuity and third parties
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting or finance related field; background in information systems, data analytics or information technology would be a plus
- Aptitude for working with data, interpreting results, business intelligence and analytic best practices
- Ability to break-down a complex problem into components, solve them using data analysis, process knowledge and risk/control knowledge, and communicate data analysis, issues and control recommendations with transparency and integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that deliver quality, actionable and beneficial feedback to management on potential control issues and solutions to close gaps
- Knowledge and experience in the application of control theory and professional auditing practices including the audit lifecycle
- Ability to effectively integrate business, operational, technological, data, and financial components in audit work
- Effectively works independently, within a team and across teams in a fast-paced environment to drive business results, utilizing related project management skills, employing creative thinking, and the ability to work on competing priorities
- Ability to travel 5% to 15%
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Preferred financial services industry experience and an understanding of related products, services, features, economics and key regulations
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance, business, or management information systems (or equivalent)
- Professional certification: CISA, CISM, CAP or other technology-focused certification
- Analytics experience in internal audit, risk management, and/or financial services
- Experience with data analytic tools, data visualization, key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and scorecards / dashboards
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple projects and provide developmental feedback across deliverables
- Proven ability lead team members in a way that encourages, develops, and delivers results
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.