Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.Team Description
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
- Maintain and shape build system deployment and architecture (Buck or Bazel)
- Build and maintain tools (Python/Ruby primarily) for managing both local developer experience and CI builds/deployment
- Identify new opportunities to enhance developer experience through building new tools and automation that make working with our projects more accessible + user-friendly for engineers
- Identify process improvements to keep our project up to date/state of the art and implement them
- Work deeply with other teams to simply/streamline touchpoints with shared Dropbox infrastructure + deploying new services
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Understanding of operation/administration CI/CD systems (ex. Buildkite, Circle CI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Engineering skills + experience with iOS Application Development (Swift + ObjC) with interest in deep-diving into platform build tools (Xcode/Buck/Bazel)
- Experience working across teams/org to accomplish long-range projects
- Understanding of either/both macOS/Linux system administration a plus
Many teams at Dropbox run Services with on-call rotations, which entails being available for calls during both core and non-core business hours. If a team has an on-call rotation, all engineers on the team are expected to participate in the rotation as part of their employment. Applicants are encouraged to ask for more details of the rotations to which the applicant is applying.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).