Summary of Job Description:
The Finance Manager is a strategic partner to the Asia VP and Asia FD, providing expert decision support and Financial planning & analysis, proactively identifying improvement opportunities. This position provides excellent development opportunities and high level of interaction and exposure to the Asia management team.
• Financial Planning & Analysis – Forecasting Cycles (Budget/Update/LRP/LBE)
• Partner closely with affiliates’ country heads and finance heads to develop financial plan for their respective countries. Consolidate, review and analyze schedules for Plans, Updates and LBE’s, providing succinct and relevant commentary when required.
• Lead and coordinate Asia forecasting cycles – Budget, Update, Monthly Latest Best Estimates (LBE) and Long Range Planning (LRP) and ensure alignment with guidance from Global HQ.
• Provide and cascade relevant guidance, trainings and support to affiliates during each forecasting cycles.
• Develop Asia forecast from consolidating Affiliates and TA leads inputs. Identify trends and challenge Business on forecasts assumptions. Ensure all financials are reasonable with well supported documentation and clearly written commentaries.
• Develop narratives and other materials for senior managements’ presentation/meetings.
• Monthly Regional S&OP Process
• Coordinate, maintain and drive an efficient monthly S&OP meeting process with the local affiliate teams and Area supply chain team, assess and challenge financials from an independent view to ensure financials are well supported through well defended assumptions including in-mkt, to-mkt and inventory levels.
• Financial Reporting & Analysis – Actuals Reporting
• Lead preparation of financial reporting and dashboards, and drive provision of real time data.
• Effectively and clearly communicate results including sales and expenses with proper variance analysis and commentaries to Area and senior management.
• Subject matter expert
• Subject matter expert for all financial systems, solid understanding of Abbvie methodology to calculate price variance and exchange variance, and be able to train and support affiliates’ finance teams when required.
• Develop ad-hoc analysis and relevant financial information to facilitate senior management’s decisions in commercial strategies and resource allocations.
• Continuously identify and recommend areas for improvements. Drive change management and implement initiatives to optimize and automate processes.
• Lead ad-hoc strategic initiatives and Corporate/ Area/region projects.
• Undergraduate Degree in a Finance related field, either Finance/Accounting.
• Minimum prior experience of +5 years in FP&A and/or Commercial Finance within the Pharma/Medical Device industry.
• Experience in working within a matrix, MNC environment.
• Excellent Excel (inclusive of Macros), PowerPoint skills and being conversant with various systems SAP, Hyperion, Cognos TM1 (Planning tool),BPC ( SAP business planning and consolidation) and the various Microsoft applications.
• Experience with RPA is a plus.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
• The successful candidate should be:
o A strong self-starter with excellent work ethics, communication/interpersonal skills and has ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders across all organization levels. Works in a highly collaborative and customer-oriented manner.
o Have an inquisitive, highly analytical, and strategic mindset. Drive innovative and creative solutions to resolve challenging issues.
o Ability to manage large datasets and multiple priorities simultaneously and efficiently. Understand the time sensitivity of matters and deliver on time.
o Enjoys working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Type: Experienced