What Wolters Kluwer Has to Offer:
CAREERS AT WOLTERS KLUWERHuman impact that moves society.
Your work will help professionals make critical decisions that impact the lives of millions of people and shape society for the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on Leadership of the design and implementation of Cloud Infrastructure and On-Premise systems
- Bridge the technical and organizational complexities of creating large-scale, cross-team solutions
- Mentor and/or lead developers working on technical and process implementations
- Design and implement future state SaaS / IaaS architecture utilizing Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management approaches
- Understand and drive to achieve automated Cloud Native Solutions in Microsoft Azure and AWS environments.
- Implement and continuously improve upon Container Orchestration platforms to support Microservice modeled development and adoption thereof.
- Implement and collaborate on solutions that increase the monitoring and observability of systems at scale and detect and alert on trends of information.
- Define metrics to ensure the high performance and stability of our development, test, and production environments.
- Enable and implement continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Analyze a variety of approaches to SRE / DevOps problems – provide pros and cons of different approaches to the team to arrive at an agreed-upon direction.
- Promote and contribute to best practices.
- Plan and execute tasks within an agile environment.
- Provide first-level support for application software issues in all environments.
- Prioritize and rapidly troubleshoot issues to ensure maximum uptime and optimal performance for customers in our production environment.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of software-related experience required, with a mixture of Site Reliability, DevOps, or Release Engineering experience with Software Engineering experience in backend services or data systems
- Able to communicate complex technical projects to multiple staff types effectively in order to achieve buy-in on plans and proposals.
- Demonstrated technical leadership or management delivering software or infrastructure platform for a global commercial B2B or B2C SaaS or IaaS product
- Ability to define and manage projects using a variety of tools and methods. Agile Scrum and Kanban, Jira, and Confluence preferred.
- Experience and deep commitment to the transformation to a DevOps culture focusing on continuous integration – full lifecycle of building, automated and performance testing, and automating deployment.
- Instrumentation experience with APM tools such as App Dynamics, DataDog, or Splunk
- Hands-on experience exposing/consuming metrics and other system KPIs; PagerDuty, Prometheus, Grafana, AlertManager experience a plus.
- Cloud experience and architecture understanding of Azure and/or AWS.
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code tools Terraform, Azure RM, CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, or similar container orchestration systems
- Experience with Docker, Podman, container solutions, management tools, and challenges.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Configuration Management tools
- Extensive experience with Linux, Unix, Windows
- Hands-on experience with Python, shell scripting, Groovy, Golang, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins, Azure DevOps, TeamCity, or other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with build tools like Maven and Gradle
- Solid understanding around Cloud Authentication, Authorization, and Secrets Management.
- Azure RBAC/ AWS IAM - built-in and custom Roles, Security Groups and Scopes.
- Demonstrate strong problem analysis, problem resolution, and decision-making and judgment skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of complex software architecture, and the ability to help enhance, support, and troubleshoot that architecture.
- Ability to leverage technical know-how to find viable compromises amidst competing business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and excel in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Strong affinity towards improving security at all levels of SDLC and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong affinity towards Cloud Native Computing Foundation objectives
- Able to plan and execute projects as part of a collaborative team.
About the Company
Alphen Aan Den Rijn, Netherlands
Build a better tomorrow, today! For 180 years, Wolters Kluwer has been innovating the way professionals and businesses work. Our employees are at... Read more