Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Play a leadership role in achieving OptumRx’s sales and renewal financial targets with specific responsibility for the Health Plan Underwriting team
- Lead strategic decision making through an in-depth understanding of OptumRx and all competitors, industry trends, market dynamics and internal key performance indicators
- Accountable for delivering all pricing strategies and objectives through active collaboration and engagement with the Sales and Account Management leadership team; identify and prioritize key areas of focus
- Drive strategic decision making that ultimately delivers on OptumRx revenue, margin, and retention targets established in Annual Business Plan; directly impact PBM, Specialty, and Home Delivery business segments
- Provide exceptional team leadership with a focus on employee engagement, development, retention, and attracting top talent into the organization
- Lead and manage a team that establishes pricing in support of acquiring new clients and retaining existing clients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Math, Economics OR equivalent experience
- 4+ years in financial pharmacy benefit management, working with the PBM pricing and underwriting process
- 2+ years of experience in a direct management role, leading and inspiring people at various levels within the organization
- Client-facing experience, including negotiating and consulting with clients
- Solid business and financial acumen, including solid financial analysis experience
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and communicating effectively and efficiently at multiple levels of large, complex organizations
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Advanced degree or MBA
- Experience working with Health Plan clients
- Experience managing a P&L
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $118,000 to $226,800 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment