Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with end users/customers to understand and further develop requirements
- Serve as a key resource in decomposing and solutioning complex analytic requirements
- Recognize, gather, correlate, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and devise solutions and alternatives; and make appropriate recommendations
- Present information in a variety of formats (charts, graphs, tables) to help leadership and stakeholders understand requirements and issues that surface
- Ability to explain technical issues in words the customer will understand
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, using a range of tools, including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Visio
- Champion privacy and security for all analytic components of the NY APD solution
- Partner with leadership and customers to track and understand defects; Assume accountability and/or ownership to work defect through to resolution
- Proficient in SQL to allow for data analysis and data exploration of quality issues that surface
- Knowledge of data quality and master data management concepts to allow for solid participation and support of these key components of the NY APD solution
- Support QA with test plan development, defect triage process, defect resolution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of business analysis & data analysis experience with some aspect of NY Payer data, including Medicaid data, Medicare data, Exchange data and Commercial payer data
- 5+ years of Data Warehousing experience
- 5+ years of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test, and implementation)
- 5+ years of experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documenting Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of experience in analysis of business process and workflow and providing an evaluation, benchmark and/or process improvement recommendations
- 3+ years of knowledge of one or more BI Tool, including Tableau, SAS, ArcGIS
- 3+ years of knowledge of data quality and master data management concepts
- 3+ years of knowledge of change management and incident management procedures and best practices
- 3+ years of being a proven solid proponent of version control to ensure that modifications to the system
- 2+ years of knowledge of data warehouse data structure type to insure accurate navigation of data issues that surface
- 2+ years of intermediate level knowledge of SQL to assist in data analysis
- Experience with NY Medicaid/Health Exchange data
- Experience with NYS commercial payer data
- Oracle experience
- Tableau experience
- State Medicaid Data Warehouse or Medicaid Management Information Systems
- Proven ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Proven ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate data
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.