People. Passion. Possibilities. Three words that make a world of difference.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer to join our site in Ballytivnan, Sligo.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer would be:
- Provide support to all electrical activities and assigned multi-disciplinary projects at AbbVie
- Maximise the performance of process and utility equipment.
- To manage electrical projects and ensure they are completed in compliance with European Electrical standards & ETCI rules & regulations
- Technical support engineer for various electrical elements of projects executed on site.
- To ensure that the site electrical systems are designed/maintained/upgraded in compliance with European electrical standards and ETCI rules and regulations.
- Ensure safety standards are achieved and safe working practices are followed at all times.
- To manage and co-ordinate the site efforts in planning and executing a site electrical power down/up ensuring work is GMP & safety compliant with minimal impact to site activities.
- Follow all corporate guidelines for electrical/ instrument specifications, mechanical, civil installation activities and commissioning.
- Weekly reporting of electrical works carried out.
- Active participation in the AbbVie energy team, project manage energy projects life cycle, engage in Energy reduction through procurement, project definition & reduction suggestions.
- Update all project related electrical drawings to reflect as build project delivered.
- ARC flash PPE requirements.
- Review electrical installs, ensure they meet the site electrical requirements.
- Review all electrical drawings.
- Review site electrical permits ensuring work is completed meeting all safety requirements and according to Electrical regulations.
- Provide maintenance reports in relation to systems assigned and follow up to ensure repairs are completed and systems remain within compliance with European electrical standard requirements.
- To actively pursue Electrical infrastructural improvement.
- To utilize the Electrical Power quality system to its maximum.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering or trade qualification in a relevant discipline.
- 5 +Years’ experience in Facility and Utility Engineering, preferably in a cGMP environment
- Experience in Electrical, HVAC, Steam Boilers, Cooling Towers, LPHW, Chilled Water and Potable Water Distribution, Compressed Air Generation, Building Management Systems and Environmental Management Systems.
- Required to undertake specific investigations, and equipment monitoring, with the view to improving performance e.g. reducing plant downtime and maximizing Plant output and yield.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and ability to solve related issues and provide effective solutions that support overall engineering/operational objectives.
- Prior operations experience in a GMP and GDP regulated environment desirable.
- Ability to balance priorities to ensure immediate demands are achieved without sacrificing long-term operational strategies.
- Ability to conduct effective training as necessary for the operation of facilities/equipment.
- Uses standard office program (Microsoft) for daily communications and project work.
- Be able to work within a team and expected to be competent to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
So, are you ready to join our team? Closing date for applications is Tuesday 6th June 2023.
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
We are AbbVie. A global Fortune 500 biopharmaceutical company creating life-changing medicines and first-in-kind solutions that make a real... Read more