Workiva’s mobile team has the mission to power transparent reporting for a better world, on the go. Our company values and leadership principles inspire everything we do—from how we build our software and secure customers to how we treat our employees, foster a culture of innovation, and positively impact our world.
As a Lead User Experience (UX) Designer you will drive the user experience across a defined area of the Workiva platform, taking lead on high-impact challenges that ultimately delight our customers. You are exceptional in leading product discovery with your team, transforming ill-defined opportunities into innovative experiences that solve deeper user needs. You will be responsible for coordinating the work of other UX designers in your product area, making critical group-level design decisions. You are well-versed in communicating vision across teams and upper management to build consensus.
What You'll Do
- Ensure intuitive user experiences across a defined product area, driving innovation, and delighting customers.
- Partner with research to lead customer interviews and testing to synthesize into design constraints and ideas
- Facilitate empathy building activities, ideation, and design critique. Look past obvious solutions to solve deeper problems.
- Craft vision and evangelize to stakeholders.
- Prototyping and testing are core to your design process, iteratively progressing toward the desired business and user outcomes.
- Drive planning for cross-product, multi-team, multi-designer projects.
- Proactively partner with engineering across multiple product areas to drive product quality.
- Ensure success metrics are defined and revisited after deployment in order to iterate on delivered solutions
- Coach and mentor other designers.
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Related fields include Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Software Engineering, Psychology, and Technical Communication
- Expert level user-centered design skills and systems thinking.
- Proven collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve.
- Excellent at building consensus across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Solid with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, XD, Sketch, Axure, etc.
- Ability to create and maintain working relationships with a geographically distributed team
- 7+ years of professional UX experience, shipping multiple successful products
- Experience leading alongside engineering and product management in a Lean UX / Agile software development environment
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Experience directing and mentoring other designers
- Travel is expected up to 25% to participate in to participate in customer research or collaborate in other office locations (depending on project assignment)
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.