Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
We are seeking a talented Science Writer/Editor to join our team and support our efforts in disseminating scientific knowledge, technical information, and commercial insights to various stakeholders, including clients, industry experts, and policymakers. The successful candidate will have a strong background in scientific research as well as exceptional writing and editing skills. They will collaborate closely with our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and sustainability experts to develop accurate, engaging, and informative content that effectively communicates our carbon management solutions and advances our thought leadership in the field. They will have keen attention to detail and ability to conduct QA/AC on a wide range of materials.Responsibilities
- Communicate complex scientific concepts related to carbon management, climate change, renewable energy, and sustainability practices.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and technical teams to gather information and translate scientific findings into clear, concise, and engaging written content.
- Develop a wide range of materials, including white papers, case studies, technical reports, and promotional collateral, adhering to company guidelines and style.
- Edit and proofread scientific and technical content for accuracy, clarity, grammar, and style consistency.
- Ensure that all written materials meet high editorial standards and effectively convey key messages to target audiences.
- Stay updated on the latest scientific research, industry trends, and regulatory developments related to carbon management and sustainability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide editorial support and ensure that all content meets project deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of communication materials for presentations, conferences, and other external events.
- Support the company's marketing and communication efforts by creating engaging content for digital platforms, including websites, social media channels, and newsletters.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in English, a scientific discipline (e.g., environmental science, chemistry, physics, biology), or a related field. A background in climate science or carbon management is highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a Science Writer, Editor, or Technical Writer, preferably within the sustainability or environmental sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex scientific information in a clear and compelling manner for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to ensure accuracy and consistency in written materials.
- Familiarity with scientific literature databases and the ability to conduct literature reviews and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Proficiency in interpreting and presenting scientific data using charts, graphs, and other visual aids.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability and a deep understanding of climate change issues and their environmental implications.
- Familiarity with carbon management frameworks, greenhouse gas accounting methodologies, and sustainability reporting standards (e.g., ISO 14064, GHG Protocol) is a plus.
- Proficiency in using relevant software tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and content management systems.
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here.
Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup
*These benefits apply to U.S.-based employees only. Employees outside of the U.S. receive benefits that vary by country. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.
About the Company
New York City, NY, United States
Join us on the journey to get to net zero Our Mission: Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science We... Read more