As a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestlé Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life®, Nature’s Bounty®, Vital Proteins®, Nuun®, Persona Nutrition®, BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Our team members are challenged to make a genuine impact and play an integral role in driving the business forward. We embrace a dynamic culture that always puts the consumer first, and where ownership, accountability and agility are celebrated at every level. To help our people thrive, we offer expansive career growth potential, the opportunity to work alongside and learn from talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and a range of best-in-class benefits.
We have more than 11,000 employees around the world, and products available in over 140 countries.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Maintenance Associates are responsible for keeping machines in good working conditions to enhance efficiency and prevent malfunctions that could lead to costly repairs. To do this, the associate is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, preventive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
This is the advanced level. The associate serves as either a lead worker responsible for overseeing the work activities of other associates or as a Subject Meter Expert performing the most complex assignments, The SME associate provides assistance in diagnosis and repair of equipment, working closely with lower-level associates. Under guidance of supervision, the lead associate schedules work, monitors quality control for work performed, and customer relations. The advanced-level associate performs assignments that go beyond those typically expected at the experienced level.
- Proactively identify, assess, and determine appropriate controls for Safety related issues; influence other associates to identify and resolve Safety related issues. Demonstrates general understanding of industrial safety practices and regulations, and in particular such topics as: Lock-out/Tag-out procedures, fall protection, Personal protective equipment, and all other mandatory safety procedures related to the job.
- Actively Participates on the Safety Committee.
- Actively Support fundamental maintenance programs, understands in detail DMS programs and uses this knowledge to coach other Associates.
- Leads Root Cause Analysis (RCA) cross functional team in problem solving projects.
- Innovate and identify crafty solutions to their organization
- Uses data to make decision.
- Responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Trains other team members in the areas of instrumentation, control, and electrical systems.
- Associate is at the advanced level in Mechanics, Electrical and other disciplines; associate is responsible:
Electrical- A high degree of working knowledge and practical application of instrumentation, controls, low, medium, and high voltage switchgear, transformers, programmable logic controllers, protective relays and motor control centers. Performs maintenance on motor control centers, motor operated valves, programmable logic controllers.
Electronics–Associate is responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting of instrumentation, controls, and electrical /electronic systems. Troubleshoots and performs maintenance on AC and DC power equipment, process controls, programmable logic controls (PLC) and monitoring equipment.
Mechanical- Advanced troubleshooting technique used to diagnose the root of the problem and inspect, repair, and test the machinery. Uses knowledge and skills to pursue continuous improvement initiatives to drive OEE improvements. Modifies and/or replaces parts on all production and facility equipment as needed.
Pneumatic/Hydraulic - Maintains replaces and repairs all pneumatic/Hydraulic equipment and troubleshoot complex pneumatic system issues.
Additional Trades - Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of field of specialization to the completion of projects of major complexity such as: Welding, Plumbing, Carpentry ladder logic programming etc.
- Plant Systems -Monitor and maintain Boilers, Air compressors, Air conditioning, Dust collectors, and other plant utility systems. Identify energy loss and correct issues.
- Use Reference Resources “workbooks and drawings” use technical manuals, their understanding of industrial equipment, and careful observation to discover the cause of a problem
- Maintain work area, maintenance shop, parts and supplies area cleaned and organized.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
8+ years maintenance professional experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment.
5+ years in manufacturing experience
Mechanical/electrical/electronic trade background, Journeyman, or equivalent technical school background desired
PLC programing experience (would be a plus)
Experience leading people, “managing through influence”.
Technical degree or equivalent preferred
- Good communication and Teamwork skills, actively looks to provide mentorship and encouragement to team members. Reaches out to other teams
- Computer Skills, demonstrate basic knowledge of the CMMS system, able to export information from CMMS to a database, analyze, and create graphics that contribute to solve problems in a particular asset.
- Able to read blueprints and shop drawings and the ability to generate rough sketches as needed.
- Advanced mathematical and reading skills with willingness to handle paperwork
- Must be mechanic Subject Metter Expert and can use all standard tools of the trade including hand tools, power tools, and machine shop tools.
- Knowledge of electrical and electro-mechanical principles, demonstrate ability to use electrical tools including electrical test meters, oscilloscope.
- Able to build a lubrication maps, using recommendations from manufacturing companies.
- Understand Lubrication system deployment steps, able to build a lubrication maps, using recommendations from manufacturing companies.
- Ability to operate machinery such as lathes, mills, drill presses.
- Detail Oriented.
- Good listener and can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated and ability to work without constant supervision and meet deadlines
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Able to climb ladders and step ladder to access spare parts in storeroom
- Ability to work under and around machinery if inspection is required
- Work is primarily in production lines
- Able to safely lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Some light travel may be needed to support other plants or cross-training.
The approximate hourly pay for this position is $34.24-$42.79. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills and abilities as well as geographic location.
Nestlé offers performance-based incentives and a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k with Company match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Incentives and/or benefit packages may vary depending on the position. Learn more at About Us | Making an Impact | Nestle Careers (nestlejobs.com)
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.