The BDE is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to growing, landing & expanding the aligned customer journey with current & new logo accounts. The BDE takes the initial subject matter lead in the region for pre-sales (both transactional and professional services) customer engagements and supports account managers with account planning leveraging our customer propensity data & intelligence
The BDE also serves as the liaison between the assigned AM and technical pre-sales team and customers for new Solution & Services opportunities, supporting effective & efficient handover into delivery & customer success resources.
In this role your focus will be selling the SoftwareONE Solutions & Services, which includes but not limited to: AWS}
At SoftwareONE, people are our biggest asset we continually look to invest, grow and develop our people however it is expected that the BDE will continue to maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge around their specified field, and service as a true subject matter expert
- The BDE drives new business, sales activities at a customer level partnering with the field-based account manager (AM) within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes and overcome objections in order to maximize opportunities
- Ability to effectively manage the sales lifecyclePerformance and success measured by Services GP performance within a region, territory or defined account base. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format.
- To analyse & gather business requirement from complex client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on requirements, aligned to the SoftwareONE customer journey’s.
- Prepares cost estimates, proposals & appropriate contracts for solutions & services sales
- Works with pre-sales technical teams to contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Assist and support partnership/alliance functions to assigned vendor partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Act as a technical evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by preparing and delivering content and messaging.